Wang Lung analysis
1) The characters most prominent in chapters one through six are Wang Lung, a
farmer, O-lan, the farmers wife who was recently a slave at the House of Hwang,
and the old man, the farmers dependent farmer.
2) They all make a family at th
1. Why do you think the Lord of the Flies spoke only to you?
2. What made you go into that tribal circle that got you killed?
3. What made you go to the top of the mountain before anyone else?
4. Why did you never believe the stories about the Beas
Sam and Eric:
1. Why did you initially remain with Ralph?
2. Why didnt you want to join Jacks tribe?
3. Why didnt you check out the Beastie? Did you believe it was a monster?
4. How are you two so close? Almost like conjoined twins?
5. What was the first
Rochester fits the anachronistic hero saves heroine role because he gave Jane
true love and happiness.
He has hero qualities, such as the ability to see beyond class, but is not completely
perfect (he did have an embarrassing affair in France).
Relationship with Max
Maxs reaction is that he tells the narrator that he never loved Rebecca.
Max describes Rebecca as vicious, damnable, and rotten through and through.
Max accepts Rebeccas behavior for the sake of keeping appearances and giving
An inquest is when Max has to publicly announce his mistake is identifying Rebeccas
No one knew Rebecca was shot since the bullet didnt touch her bone, and her skeleton
was all thats left.
The narrator has lost her immaturity and her
1) Maria Temple was Janes mother, governess, and latterly, companion (80) at
Lowood, where she gave Jane both comfort and an education.
2) Mrs. Fairfax was the first woman to have considered Jane her equal.
3) Upon Janes first arrival at the
Lord of the Flies
1. Simon: Why do you think the Lord of the Flies spoke only to you?
2. Jack: In the beginning, you were exploring the island with Ralph one moment and
openly hostile toward him in the next. How can you account for such sudden
The epic hero possesses bravery, great strength, and a desire to achieve
immortality through heroic deeds.
The hero is based on a legendary or historic person who travels on a long journey.
The hero fights evil, falls in love, protects his honor
Mrs. Danvers resents the narrator for trying to take the place of Rebecca, including
sitting in Rebeccas place and calling herself Mrs. De Winter.
In addition, Mrs. Danvers believes that the narrator told Max about Jack.Mrs. Danvers
doesnt care ab