Ch. 3 Warm-Up
1. What property of water allows a
water strider to walk on water?
2. Contrast adhesion and cohesion.
Give an example of each.
3. Contrast hydrophobic and
hydrophilic substances. Give an
example of each.
Water and the Fitness
What do you understand by the term
a) condensation reaction b)
What is the role of water in each of
The Structure and
Function of Large
You Must Know
The role of de
Ch. 2 The Chemical
Context of Life
1. What is the
difference between an
atom, element and compound?
2. What are the 3 main components of
an atom? What are their charges?
3. What type of bond is found in:
Ants & th
Warm-Up (Ch. 3 Review)
1. Which of the following is a
hydrophobic material: paper, table
salt, wax, sugar, or pasta?
2. What kind of bonds are broken
when water vaporizes?
3. If the pH of a lake is 4.0, What is
the hydroxide [OH-] concentration?