1. What is physical evidence? Provide at least three examples in your answer.
Physical evidence encompasses any and all objects that can establish that a crime
has been committed or can link a crime and its victim or it's perpetrator. Exa
Origin of Species Quiz
1. The process by which a new species evolves is called_.
a) gene pool
2. The Grand Canyon divides a lizard population into two physically
isolated populations. This is an example of what type
Genetic Variation Quiz
1. According to the text, without genetic differences among individuals, what
would not be likely?
2. Which of the following does NOT contribute to genetic variation?
b) Random fertilization
c) Independent assortmen
History of Life Quiz
1. How do we know about the history of life on Earth?
We mostly know the history of life on earth from rocks and fossils we find.
2. A(n) _fossil_ is the preserved remains or traces of organisms that lived in the past.
3. Which parts
How Earth Formed Quiz
1. How did Earth look when it was first formed? one land formation
When is the Big Bang thought to have taken place?
20 billion years ago
14 billion years ago*
1 billion years ago
14 million years ago
3. The earliest a
Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection Quiz
1) As environments change gradually over time, populations also change.
2) The change in the traits of a species over time is known as _evolution_.
3) Fossils show that
the traits of anima
1. What major idea is Darwin credited with discovering? evolution by natural selection
Which of the following is explained by the theory of natural selection?
Survival of the fittest*
1. How have these populations changed over time?
Theyve evolved and changed for the better due to natural selection.
2. What factors affect growth and death of wolves?
food, predators, environment, the same as any other species
3. What factors affect grow
Tweet 1: (paragraph #3 in article)
Accelerometry using accelerometers which are cool things that measure g-force.
Tweet 2: (paragraph #12 in article)
ARTICLE: .conducted w/ youth wearing lightweight clothing &
ME: Why were t
1. What is the NIBIN?
NIBIN is the National Integrated Ballistic Identifcation Network which was created by the
FBI in 1999.
2. What is rifling? What two types of markings does this produce?
Rifling is when the gun has spiral grooves put
1. What are the four types of evidence in a criminal investigation?
Four types of evidence in a criminal investigation are physical evidence,which includes
tangible objects, including weapons, trace evidence like hair, blood or fibers, an
1. How are fire scenes different than regular crime scenes for investigators?
Fire scenes are entirely different than the regular crime scenes because as for the
evidence of a fre scene was most likely destroyed or burned to ashes, the in
1. What is DNA? Where is it found?
DNA is a genome and it is located in the nucleus. There also small amounts of DNA in
2. What is mitochondrial DNA?
Mitochondrial DNA is the DNA that is located in the mitochondria.