Markets, Investments, and Financial Management
Ronald W. Melicher
Professor of Finance
University of Colorado at Boulder
Edgar A. Norton
Professor of Finance
Illinois State University
Chapter 1: The Financial Environment
1. _ is the study of how individuals, institutions, governments, and businesses
acquire, spend, and manage money and other financial assets.
b. business career
Chapter 5: Policy Makers and the Money Supply
1. Our countrys economic policy actions are directed toward all of these general goals except
a. economic growth
b. high employment
c. price stability
d. balance in international trade and othe
Chapter 6: International Finance and Trade
1. The global or international monetary system is a system of institutions and mechanisms
created for all of these purposes except to _.
a. foster world trade
b. regulate interest rates
Chapter 16: Short Term Business Financing
1. The working capital is also the firms _ assets.
b. long term
c. short term
Section: Strategies for Financing Working Capital
2. Which of the following
Chapter 18: Capital Structure and the Cost of Capital
1. The optimum debt/equity mix is the _.
a. proportionate use of debt and equity that maximizes the firms cost of capital.
b. proportionate use of debt and equity that minimizes the fir
12-2 Hypothesis Tests in Multiple Linear Regression
12-2.1 Test for Significance of Regression
The appropriate hypotheses are
The hypotheses for testing the significance of any individual
The test statistic is
Reject H0 if |t0| > t
Dear Comprehensive Exam Students:
For those who will enter the Applied Statistics and Design of Experiments exam, I
would like to draw your attention to the following points regarding the exam:
0. Read the following points carefully!
1. I strongly recomme
60. Which of the following is not true about the critical path?
A. The float time for each activity on the critical path is zero.
B. The critical path is the longest of all the paths in the network diagram on the time scale.
C. If an activity on the criti
Solutions to selected Review, Discussion, True/False, and Multiple Choice questions
Chapter 1, Overview of Financial Management
2. These questions describe five major functions of financial management: (1)
the companys financial performan