Capstone Case: New Century Wellness Group
1. Use the background information to create a business profile for New Century, and indicate areas
where more information will be needed. The profile should include an organization chart of the offic
Capstone Case: New Century Wellness Group (p.172)
1. Review the organization chart you prepared in Chapter 1 and determine who should be
on the JAD team, and why. Also, how will you create a sense of team ownership from the
2. You may be give
Exercises p. 37
1. What is information technology and why is it important? Suggest three fictitious headlines that
might be added to Figure 11 on page 2.
It is combination of hardware, software and services which are important for life as
You are the IT manager at a regional moving company that recently merged with a major competitor.
The company president asked you to prepare requirements for a new information system to support
the combined company.
1. Should employe
Exercises p. 77
2. What is a SWOT analysis? Prepare a SWOT analysis of your school or your employer.
It stands for Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Treats. It focuses on a specific project
or product, an operating division, the entire company
Questions from page 214.
1. Explain the differences between Gane and Sarson and Yourdon symbols. Provide examples of
symbols that represent processes, data flows, data stores, and entities.
2. What is the difference between a context diagram and diagram 0
2. What is a systems requirement, and how are systems requirements classified?
It is a characteristic or feature that must be included in an information system to satisfy
business requirements and be acceptable to users. It is classified for five categori