Chapter 7 Homework
5. A device that does not require a source of energy for its operation.
6. The ability to move, transfer or transmit in both directions.
7. Broadband sends information in the form of an ana
2. Super speed USB is faster than Hi-speed USB.
3. It provides a digital output.
5. Set the switch to 115 volts.
12. To power PATA drives.
13. Laptops are much smaller so they take up less space than computers,
3. A Hi-Speed USB port is 40 times faster than Original USB port running at 12 Mbps.
4. eSata-600 is faster.
5. WiFi 802.11n is faster.
6. It has 9 pins.
7. That would be Infrared Wireless.
11. LED LCD is the
Chapter 12 Homework
2. Trojan horse is a type of malware that is often disguised as legitimate software. Trojans
can be employed by cyber-thieves and hackers trying to gain access to users' systems. User
1. They are ATX, microATX (a smaller version of ATX), and mini-ITX (a smaller version of
3. It has 1366 pins, and its also called the LGA1366
6. The AMD socket AM# has 940 pins.
8. Throughput of PCI
1. You could accidentally dislodge a chip this way.
2. Loose jewelry might get caught in cables and components as you work. Also cause static
interference with some of the computer parts.
4. A motherbo
1. Solid state drives and magnetic drives
2. 5400, 7200, and 10000.
3. LBA (Logical Block Addressing)
5. A SATA data cable has 7 pins, and SATA power cable has 15 pins.
6. Hot swapping or hot plugging.
Reviewing the Basics:
1. Intel and AMD are two major manufacturers of processors.
2. Level 1 cache is name of memory cache that is on same die as the
4. Hyper threading is the name of the intel tech
2. Which is faster, a Hi-Speed USB port or a SuperSpeed USB port?
SuperSpeed USB is faster than a Hi-Speed USB.
3. What type of output does an S/PDIF port provide?
High signal quality sound to an audio system.
5. What should be the setting for a dual-volt
Oct 10, 2015
Ch4. Review Question
16. The advantage of tracing errors using the window.alert() method is at
different points in your program and use it to di
September 23, 2015
Ch. 3 Review Questions
16. Array is a set of data represented by a single variable name.
A standard variable is a container for a single n
Homework#9 (Chpater 18 Recursion) Name: Yee Chen_
The sum of the numbers from 1 to n can be defined recursively as follows:
The sum from 1 to 1 is 1.
The sum from 1 to n is n more than the sum from 1 to n-1.
Write a int -method named sum that
Sept 7, 2015
Ch1 Review Questions
16. Web page design is the visual design and creation of the documents that
appear on the web; Web page authoring is the cr
Sept 16, 2015
Ch2 Review Questions
function name_of_function(parameters) cfw_
17. Prefix operator is placed before a variable name. For exam
ITS212 Chapter 15 Class Activities
Q#1 Create a Java FX Program to calculate miles per gallons
Write a program to create a file named score.txt if it does not exist. Write 100 test scores created
randomly into the file uing text I/O. Integers are seperated by newline in the file.
public class WriteFile cfw_
public class ComputeFactorial cfw_
/* Main method */
public static void main(String args) cfw_
/ Create a Scanner
/ Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in);
/ System.out.print("Enter a non-negative integer: "
Dr. Jeffrey Lewis
GSR 240 Movie Review #1
September 25, 2015
Will Hunting (Matt Damon) has involved in the unethical behavior and dont
have real parents in his life. He is in the wrong path to the success. Gerald Lambeau
is the professor for
Where the host files are saved in Windows Server 2012?
What is the command line for displaying DNS cache in Windows Server 2012?
Explain the process of entering a host name and IP address to a Host file
1. What type of error occurs when the interpreter fails to recognize code?
2. _ errors are problems in the design of a program that prevent it from running as you
1. A(n) _ allows you to execute a related group of statements as a single unit.
2. Parameters in a function definition are placed within _ .
c. double quotes
1. What is the correct syntax for creating an empty array named taxRules?
a. var taxRules = cfw_;
b. var taxRules;
c. var taxRules = ;
d. var taxRules;
2. Which of the following statements adds the value oak as the third element of t
1. A URL is a type of _.
a. web page
2. What organization oversees the development of web technology standards?
a. U.S Department of Defense
b. World Wide Web Consortium
c. Stanford University
d. United Nations
Questions from page 214.
1. Explain the differences between Gane and Sarson and Yourdon symbols. Provide examples of
symbols that represent processes, data flows, data stores, and entities.
2. What is the difference between a context diagram and diagram 0
2. What is a systems requirement, and how are systems requirements classified?
It is a characteristic or feature that must be included in an information system to satisfy
business requirements and be acceptable to users. It is classified for five categori
You are the IT manager at a regional moving company that recently merged with a major competitor.
The company president asked you to prepare requirements for a new information system to support
the combined company.
1. Should employe
Exercises p. 77
2. What is a SWOT analysis? Prepare a SWOT analysis of your school or your employer.
It stands for Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Treats. It focuses on a specific project
or product, an operating division, the entire company
Exercises p. 37
1. What is information technology and why is it important? Suggest three fictitious headlines that
might be added to Figure 11 on page 2.
It is combination of hardware, software and services which are important for life as
Capstone Case: New Century Wellness Group (p.172)
1. Review the organization chart you prepared in Chapter 1 and determine who should be
on the JAD team, and why. Also, how will you create a sense of team ownership from the
2. You may be give