2. Gene produces zinc
3. Turns genes on & off (radition, pollution & food)
1. Who we are & what we do is based on genetics (nature theory)
2. Who we are & how we are based on what we have learned;
1. The visual field is interactive.
2. Visual field is related to the way our brain operates.
3. Our brain operates in a dynamic manner.
Left out: Operated in a creative/ inventive manner
Johanson-Did research with flashing lights. 4 lightb
Expanded punishment to weaken
1. Cognitive learning-includes insight, problem solving & verbal learning
1st studied by Ebbinghause (wanted to study verbal learning that was new)
Dev. Material that a person had
Gesault-An organized dynamic whole made up of parts where the whole is greater than &
different from the sum of the parts. Takes place in the mind.
Alternative theory: Behavorism theory-everything reflects learning. Form of learning that
Cognition notes 7/25
Types of Perception
1. Illusion of interpretation
2. Illustion of magnitude
4. Illusion of kind
Thought illustion was a direct perception of the world. Thought it was to be immediate . (Not
Time it takes to signal from
Cognition Notes from 7/13
What is the degree of overlap between distribution? Deprime
How to calculate deprimemeasuring the variability of distribution
Calculate the standard distribution & get the average
Take distance & divide by standard deviation
* Test on Monday with diagrams from the eye forward
- Biggest contribution to our understanding of higher mental functions operating in our
evaluation of a persons sensory performance.
- Result from convergence of important thi