Lab#3-Asynchronous Serial Transmission
1. The purpose of this lab is to learn the operation of modems and data
Computer with the Keyboard
1. Describe each phase of the systems development life cycle?
- Planning-Determines which projects to examine.
- Analysis- Learn about the current system and recommending a business
- Design- Creating the computer-based solution.
1. How do hackers exploit operating system vulnerabilities?
- Hackers exploit operating system vulnerabilities by launching a virus that
attacks something about the operating system.
2. What is a Trojan horse?
- A Trojan horse is a malicious
1. What is the plain old telephone service (POTS)?
- POTS is the standard telephone system that enters most homes and businesses.
2. What is the typical frequency range for the human voice?
- The frequency range for the human voice is about
1. What was the precursor to the present day Internet?
- Government supported Arpanet came first, then the National Science
Foundation took over as the NSFnet, finally private companies developed what
we know as the internet.
2. List the mai
1. What are the main differences between a local area network and a wide area
- A LAN interconnects a variety of data communicating devices within a small
geographical are and broadcasts data at high data rates with very low error
1. What is the primary advantage of a wireless LAN?
- The primary advantage of a wireless LAN is that no cabling is necessary.
2. What is a Basic Service set?
- The Basic Service Set is the transmission area surrounding a single access point in a wir
1. What is the definition of a local area network?
- A local area network is a communication network that interconnects a variety of data
communicating devices within a small geographic area and broadcasts data at high data
transfer rates with very l
1. What is white noise and how does it affect a signal?
- White noise is the constant hiss in the background. The more white noise, the
harder it is to interpret the signal. Too much white noise may lead to signal loss.
2. What is impulse noise and w
1. List three common examples of frequency division multiplexing?
- broadcast Television, radio, cable television.
2. Frequency division multiplexing is associated with what type of signals?
- Analog Signals
3. In what order does synchronous time div