COMMENTS ON TEST I (will be posted on update page)
Comments on Grading:
Answers without explanation were given 60% instead of my
usual 40%. THIS IS ONE-TIME.
Starting in test 2 it will be 40%
Section 7 students received 20% extra credit because of
THE EDUCATIONAL ADVISORY CENTER
The Educational Advisory Center (EAC) is responsible for counseling students in the College of Arts and Sciences. Professional
counselors are available to work with students in their freshman and sophomore years to arrange
Fall 2016 English 104 Week 1 Writing Assignments / Sections 30, 32, 33, 34
Directions: Bring to class numbered answers in complete sentences to the following
1. According to the Foreword by Morrison, which is her 2004 foreword to a lat
English 104 (ENGW 104): Writing, Literacy, and Discourse
Sections 30, 32, 33, 34
Instructor: Rhone Fraser, Ph.D.
Office Location: Locke Hall, B-16
Office Hours: M 11-12pm &
People evolve a language i
1. The narrator said that they became more convinced that someone in our own villages had
participated in our capture (Black 88).
2. The reason as to why the gods they believed in wouldnt save them may have been because
ANALYTIC RUBRIC FOR ENGLISH 104
Weight = 20 pts
Weight = 20 pts.
Weight = 20 pts
1. The narrator said this because as best we could, we reminded them of who they were
(Black 66). This suggests that the narrator may have been a female because the narrator
refers to the people as our desecrated brothe
Foreword to Beloved by Toni Morrison (2014):
In 1983 I lost my job-or left it. One, the other, or both. In any case, I had been part-time for a while,
coming into the publishing house one day a week to do the correspondence-telephoning-meetings that
1. The tentative thesis, or argument/statement that explains overall purpose, in Johnstons report
is that multilateral development banks should work with Jamaica and other creditors to provide
meaningful debt relief, f
1. Omniscient means all-knowing or knowing everything. An example of
an omniscient narrator is the narrator in the very well-known Harry
Potter novels written by J.K. Rowling.
2. The narrator said wed trade cultural t