Of Mice and Men: Chapter 1(November 29th, 2007.)
1. Define foreshadowing and mention 1 specific example of it from
Foreshadowing is something in a story that leads you to believe
something else is going to happen. To hint or suggest beforeha
1. What qualities of her character does Juliet reveal in the balcony scene?
Juliet is very intelligent. It made sense when she asked Romeo to change his name
because it would not change who he is and then they could possibly be together.
O Romeo, R
1. Carefully trace the changes in Juliets emotions in Act III. How do these changes
contribute to the effectiveness of this part of the play?
First Juliet acts very romantic.
Give me my Romeo, and when I shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars
1. Why would the fight be a good opening scene?
The fight between the two sides showed how much they dislike each other and that the
grudge has not died down after all these years. I will bite my thumb at them, which is
disgrace to them if they bear it.(I
1. List the reasons why Juliet is scared about Friar Lawrences potion plan.
She will never see her family again. Farewell.-God knows when we shall
meet again. (IV, iii, 15)
If the potion does not work, she will wake up the next day and marry
4. Contrast the differences in the attitudes of Lord and Lady Capulet regarding Juliets
Lord Capulet believes that Juliet is only fourteen which means she is too young for marriage.
My child is yet a stranger in the world. She hath not seen the ch
Vocabulary: Chapter 1
1. Mottled- spotted or blotched in colouring. Her shirt is
2. Parable- a short allegorical story designed to illustrate
or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral
lesson. I had to read a parable from the bible.
For: Mr. Caetano
Due: Friday April 18th, 2008.
The artist I chose for my ISU is the famous Canadian artist Paul Peel. Paul Peel
was born in London, Ontario. He was born on November 7 th, 1860 to October 3rd, 1892.
His father, John R. Peel, was a m
The painting Devotion from the artist Peel, Paul as high-quality,
hand-painted oil painting replication.
Mother and Child 1888
Mother and Child
The painting Mother and Child from the artist Peel, Paul as
3. Find four instances of foreshadowing and describe their dramatic purpose.
1) During the balcony scene when Juliet is worried about Romeos safety.
Romeo had a very romantic reply. My life were better ended by their hate
than death prorogued, wanting of