BIOLOGY 112: QUIZ 7: CHAPTERS 35-36
1) The bacteria that live in the nodules on the roots of legumes, such as beans, are able to
carry out the process of?
c. nitrogen fixation
BIOLOGY 112: CHAPTERS 3-4 QUIZ
1. The secondary cell wall, if present, forms _ the primary cell wall(s).
can be found in _ cells.
either inside and
BIOLOGY 112: QUIZ 6 ANSWERS
1)The tool used to separate DNA fragments according to their sizes in DNA fingerprinting
c. restriction enzyme
f. DNA probe
2) Semiconservative replication means that e
BIOLOGY 112 QUIZ 5 CHAPTERS 7 & 8
1)The leaves of plants are green because they _light.
a. does not absorb yellow and red
b. absorbs yellow and red
c. absorb green
d. reflect green
2)NAD and FAD are?
Biology 112. Self-Quiz #2.
1. Which of these is an example of a hydrolysis reaction?
dipeptide + H2O ->amino acid + amino acid.
2. Which of the following molecules is an organic compound?
3. Which of the following sequences of organization, from
BIOLOGY 112 QUIZ 4 CHAPTERS 5 & 6
1)The function of an enzyme is to?
a. speed up a reaction.
b. increases the concentration of the substrate.
c. act as a buffer in a reaction.
d. give energy to a reaction.
2) The proper sequence for events in mitosis is?
BIOLOGY 112: QUIZ 9: CHAPTERS 23 & 24
1)A carrier (no symptoms or trait) of a recessive X-linked trait is a
a. male who is homozygous.
b. female who is homozygous.
c. male who is heterozygous.
d. female who is heterozygous.
2) The karyotype of a human egg