Study Guide 2.1-2.8
After reading about the structure of atoms, fill in the following chart. First fill in the blanks. Then sketch each atom,
labeling and coloring the protons red, neutrons grey, and electrons blue.
Fill in the blank.
Words from the word bank may be used more than once or not at all
2 pts. each
Unit 4: Cells
1. Be able to identify the following parts of a microscope: ocular, low, medium, and high power
objectives, stage, diaphragm.
2. Distinguish between the detail seen and the size of the field of view when viewing a specimen under
On the lines provided, order the different stages of meiosis I THROUGH meiosis II, including interphase in the
1. 4th metaphase I_
homologous chromosome line up in the center of the cell
2.5th anaphase I_
Honors Biology 2013
1. Know how a karyotype is created and be able to interpret normal/abnormal,
2. Describe human trisomies (Down syndrome, klinfelters syndrome) and
monosomies (turner syndrome)
Objectives: Applied Genetics
1. Know the inheritance pattern of certain human genetic diseases (sickle-cell
anemia, PKU, Huntingtons disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Hemophilia)
b. What they actually are
c. Types of mutations
Circulatory and Immune Systems Unit
Chapter 23 Objectives
Mechanisms of Internal Transport
Describe the function of a circulatory system.
Compare the structures open circulatory systems and closed circulatory systems.
Compare the cardiovasc
Unit 11: Respiratory and Urinary Systems Unit objectives
1. Compare the respiratory systems of mammals, worms, fish, and insects
2. What do all respiratory systems have in common
3. What gases are exchanged through the respiratory syste
/ 1 . ct
' Kinetics u Objectives
1. Express the rate of a given reaction In terms of thechange in concentration with
time of a reactant or a product. '
2. List the factors that affect the rate of reaction.
3. Outiine the collision theory
Name , m l Hour
Thermodynamics quiz **dont forget units!l**
1. Circle the pair in ad' that is true about the following reaction:
2CH30H (I) + 302 (g) 9 2c02 (g) + 4H20 (I) AH: 2.5 M
a. The reaction is: - exothermic O endothermi
Practice Problems: Wavelength, Frequency, Energy content of One Quantum of Light.
Examples: 0 = 7w
I. A certain photon of light has a wavelength of 422 am. What is the E = 1W
frequency of the light? E = mcz
U" 7V q o = 3.00 x 108 1/36.,
Ecosystem and Evolution Review: Due the Day of the test
1. What does every organism require and how do producers obtain it?
2. What do decomposers do and what do they release?
3. Summarize how energy enters an ecosystem and how it exits.
Chapter 30: Circulatory and Respiratory System Review
1. Describe the difference between capillaries, arteries, and veins.
2. Which blood vessels bring blood to the heart? Away from the heart?
3. Describe the makeup of blood.
4. What is the major d
Genetics Chapter Review
*Due the Day of the Test*
10.1-10.5 and 12.3
1. What is genetics?
2. Who is Gregor Mendel?
3. Explain each of Mendels hypotheses.
a. There are alternative forms of genes:
b. For each inherited character an organism has two a