Present continuous and present simple.
Present simple or present continuous?
1. Mara _ (work) for a TV station.
2. At the moment she _ (travel) in the Sahara Desert.
3. Dan _ (love) wild animals.
4. He _ (not visit) Alaska at the moment.
The past perfect simple tense
The past perfect simple is made with the auxiliary verb had + past participle (which is different for
regular and irregular verbs: -ed ending for regular verbs, e.g. worked, travelled, tried, different forms for
1. Write a sentence with the HE/SHE/IT forms of the verbs
2. Write the verb in the right form
Past Simple and Continuous
An Intermediate Grammar Worksheet from Anna Grammar
The past simple is used:
for an action that started and ended in the past.
I saw a ghost last Friday.
Our cat climbed a tree five minutes ago.
In June 2005 I visited Rome and F
Verb Tense Stories
The story below is written in the present tense with the action happening now. Circle the verbs.
Write each one in the past tense form. Then rewrite the story using the past tense verbs.
It is time for recess. I a