1. The nurse uses a visual aid to show how the _ refracts light rays to be directed to the lens.
d. ciliary body
2. The nurse explains that, when the physician takes a tonometer reading, the reading reflects the
amount of pres
1. The nurse is caring for a patient who has received epoetin alfa (Epogen) 2 to 3 weeks prior to a
scheduled surgery. The nurse understands that this patient will likely:
require an antibiotic immediately prior to surgery.
b. have difficulty with bloo
1. The nurse is planning an instruction for an 84-year-old man relative to a significant change in his diet
for diabetes. The nurse will plan her teaching around the idea that the elderly:
need to have their family to hear the instruction.
b. cannot le
1. The circulating nurse notes that the anesthetized patient has tensed muscles and irregular
respirations. The nurse is aware that the patient has reached stage:
I and the patients hearing is amplified.
b. II and the surgical environment should be kep
CHAPTER 14 PHARMACOLOGY TEST:
1. A patient in a motor vehicle accident was brought into the emergency department for his
injuries. After x-rays were done, the patient was found to have a fractured pelvis. Which drug
would the nurse expect the physician to
1. A 33-year-old patient has been told that her disease is terminal. The patient is crying and states, I will
just be a dependent drain on my family. I hate being a burden to them. The nurse can best respond:
Is there any reason to tell your family abo
1. The nurse caring for a severely dehydrated patient who has a Foley catheter in place assesses the
patient to confirm adequate urine perfusion by the urine output of _ mL.
2. To help reduce a patients risk of recurrent cystitis,
1. The nurse clarifies that the first stage of wound healing is:
2. The nurse is taking care of a post-surgical patient and notes the incision is clean and dry, with sutures
1. The nurse takes into consideration that of all the physical changes that the elderly experience, the
most common cause of most problems is that of:
b. hearing deficit.
loss of muscle mass.
d. impaired mobility.
2. While discus