Additional words for Ch. 8 Learning
1. Antecedents-In behavior modification, events that typically precede the target response.
2. Resistance to Extinction-The phenomenon that occurs when an organism continues to
make a response after delivery of the rein
Additional words for Chapter 4 Human Development
1. Age of Viability the age at which a baby can survive in the event of a premature birth.
2. Aggression- any behavior that is intended to hurt someone, either physically or verbally.
3. Altruism- selfless
Chapter 9: Memory Psych Vocab
1. Memory: the persistence of learning over time through the storage and retrieval of
2. Flashbulb Memory: A clear memory of an emotionally significant moment of event.
3. Encoding: The processing of information
Chapter 10: Language Vocab:
1. Cognition: the mental activities associated with thinking, knowing, remembering, and
2. Concept: a mental grouping of similar objects, events, ideas, or people.
3. Prototype: a mental image or best example of
Psychology Chapters 12 & 13 Vocabulary:
1. Affiliation motive: the need to associate with others and maintain social bonds.
2. Display rules: cultural norms that regulate the appropriate expressions of emotions.
3. Drive: an internal state of tension that