We met as soulmates
On Parris Inland
We left as inmates
From an asylum
And we were so gung
ho to lay down our lives
We came in spastic
Like tameless horses
We left in plastic
As numbered corpses
They sent us playboy
They gave us bob hope
Additional words for Ch. 8 Learning
1. Antecedents-In behavior modification, events that typically precede the target response.
2. Resistance to Extinction-The phenomenon that occurs when an organism continues to
make a response after delivery of the rein
Additional words for Chapter 4 Human Development
1. Age of Viability the age at which a baby can survive in the event of a premature birth.
2. Aggression- any behavior that is intended to hurt someone, either physically or verbally.
3. Altruism- selfless
Chapter 9: Memory Psych Vocab
1. Memory: the persistence of learning over time through the storage and retrieval of
2. Flashbulb Memory: A clear memory of an emotionally significant moment of event.
3. Encoding: The processing of information
Chapter 10: Language Vocab:
1. Cognition: the mental activities associated with thinking, knowing, remembering, and
2. Concept: a mental grouping of similar objects, events, ideas, or people.
3. Prototype: a mental image or best example of
Psychology Chapters 12 & 13 Vocabulary:
1. Affiliation motive: the need to associate with others and maintain social bonds.
2. Display rules: cultural norms that regulate the appropriate expressions of emotions.
3. Drive: an internal state of tension that
Hartford Convention (1814-15):
The Hartford Convention was a meeting of New England
Federalist in Hartford, CT. These Federalists opposed the
War of 1812 and marched to DC to air their grievances
(embargo impinged on trade, feared being overpowered by
Alien and Sedition Acts:(1798-1800)
The Alien and Sedition Acts were bills signed by Adams during
the quasi war with France. The acts increased the residency
requirement for citizenship from 5 years to 15 years, and
allowed the executive to deport and imp
2. Credit Mobilier Scandal (1872)
The unbridled power of the railroad companies was evident in the Credit Mobilier
Scandal in 1872, Stockholders in the Union Pacific railroad set up a construction
company to build the eastern portion of the first transcon
The Stormy 60s
Kennedy's "New Frontier":
The "New Frontier" was a plan proposed by Kennedy to inspire the American public. Essentially, it
campaigned the want for progress, and asserted that the United States would be willing to "pay any
price" to liberat
India and the Middle East
British Raj (1858-1947):
The British Raj was the name given to the period of British rule in India during 1858 to 1947. The British
helped develop India's industry, and also governed communication, administration, and transportat
Cold War & The 1950s
GI Bill (1944):
The GI Bill, or Serviceman's Readjustment Act, was passed in 1944 in order to give loans and other
financial opportunities to returning veterans. The bill paid for college and vocational education; it also
Civil Rights and Vietnam
Jim Crow Laws:
Jim Crow Laws were state and local legislation that promoted racial segregation in public areas. The laws
placed restrictions on education, marriage, public transportation, housing, and more for people of color.