Chapter 8 Exercise: .Key terms
1. bank panic 2. free-rider problem 3. net worth 4. adverse selection 5. collateral 6. principal-agent problem 7. moral hazard 8. debt defilation
. Multiple Choiceh
1. American businesses get their external funds primarily f
Chapter 12 The Foreign Exchange Market 12.1 Multiple Choice
1) When the value of the British pound changes from $1.50 to $1.25, then A) the pound has appreciated and the dollar has appreciated. B) the pound has depreciated and the dollar has appreciated.
Chapter 10 The Stock Market and the Efficient Market Hypothesis 10.1 Multiple Choice
1) A basic principle of finance is that the value of any investment is A) the present value of all future net cash flows generated by the investment. B) the undiscounted
NEW URBANISM AUDIOSCRIPT
Listen to an interview with an architect who explains about the trend of New Urbanism
Interviewer Contemporary architecture is getting more and more spectacular. Developments in computer technology mean
Chapter 9 The Capital Markets 9.1 Multiple Choice
1) (I) Securities that have an original maturity that is greater than one year are traded in capital markets. (II) The best known capital market securities are stocks and bonds. A) (I) is true, (II) false.
NEW COMMUNICATIONS AUDIOSCRIPT
Interview with a podcaster Scott: I know you got into podcasting pretty much at the beginning. How did you first hear of it?
Dave: I was an avid reader of blogs, and I was aware that some bloggers
Chapter 8 The Money Markets 8.1 Multiple Choice
1) Activity in money markets increased significantly in the late 1970s and early 1980s because A) of rising short-term interest rates. B) of regulations that limited what banks could pay for deposits. C) of
NEURO-LINGUISTIC PROGRAMMING AUDIOSCRIPT
A trainer talks about a conference in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) that she attended. While listening, decide whether these statements are true or false. The answers are below the a
Chapter 7 Conduct of Monetary Policy: Tools, Goals, and Targets 7.1 Multiple Choice
1) An open market purchase of securities by the Fed will A) increase assets of the nonbank public and increase assets of the banking system. B) decrease assets of the nonb
NEGOTIATING SKILLS AUDIOSCRIPT
Two business people, Alison and Donald, are negotiating the terms of delivery of some new components.
Alison: Ok, well, youve seen the price we offered in the documents, and the terms of delivery.
Chapter 6 Structure of Central Banks and the Federal Reserve System 6.1 Multiple Choice Questions
1) Americans fear of centralized power and their distrust of moneyed interests explains why the U.S. did not have a central bank until the A) 17th century. B
Chapter 5 The Risk and Term Structure of Interest Rates 5.1 Multiple Choice
1) The term structure of interest rates is A) the relationship among interest rates of different bonds with the same maturity. B) the structure of how interest rates move over tim
Listen to an extract of an interview with a professor of Business Studies about the subject of Motivation. To see how much you understand, you can try the following optional listening activity. Listening a
Chapter 4 The Behavior of Interest Rates 4.1 Multiple Choice Questions
1) As the price of a bond _ and the expected return _, bonds become more attractive to investors and the quantity demanded rises. A) falls; rises B) falls; falls C) rises; rises D) ris
Chapter 2 Overview of the Financial System 2.1 Multiple Choice Questions
1) Every financial market has the following characteristic: A) It determines the level of interest rates. B) It allows common stock to be traded. C) It allows loans to be made. D) It
Listen to an excerpt from a radio programme called Womens Moment, with guest writer Ellen Granger who is talking about mentoring. Radio host = RH Ellen Granger = EG RH: Welcome to the programme, Ellen. EG:
Listentoamarketresearchconsultantbeinginterviewedaboutherjob. Optionalexercise (Theanswersareatthebottomofthepage). Puttheprocessthattheconsultantgoesthroughwithanewclientintothecorrectorder. a. I hav e
Chapter 24 Exercise: . Key terms
1. Long run monetary neutrality 2. complete crowding out 3. Natural rate level of output 4. AD curve
. Multiple choices
1. AD curve In the Keynesian cross diagram, a decline in autonomous consumer expenditure causes the ag
Chapter 18 Exerciseh
. Key terms
1. Instrument Target 2. Intermediate Targets 3. International Policy Coordination 4. Operating Target 5. Phillips Curve Theory 6. Taylor Rule.
. Multiple Choice
1. The objectives of the Federal Reserve in its conduct of mo
Chapter 14 Exercise: . Key terms
1. Board Of Governors Of The Federal Reserve System 2. Federal Open Market Committee Independence 3. Federal Reserve Banks 4. Goal
5. Instrument Independence 6. Political Business Cycle
1. The publics host