From time to time the question arises whether certain nude statues shall
be exhibited in the museums of art where they are to be seen by the
general public,by children from the schools as well as as by scholars
from the universities. And from time to time
Charles Dickens Questions
1. From the biography, what incident changed Dickens' life and helped to shape
him as a writer?
2. How old do you think Pip is?
3. Quote the specific language in the selection that leads you to this conclusion.
4. Reread the sent
Word of the Day
Abdicated- verb. To renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the
like, especially in a formal manner
Ex. The king was abdicated by his rioting citizens.
Asunder - adj. widely separated especially in space; a
1. According to the opening statement, what does every person realize at some
moment in his/her education?
2. In the second paragraph, what does Emerson say is every person's destiny?
3. Explain what Emerson believes about society
Ms. Tara Burge
AP English 4- Comp A
10 October 2016
The Atlantic Monthly: Artist vs. Moralist
In the Atlantic Monthly article from August 1901 the author describe how public opinion
is important when it comes to art and literatur