Do you know what kind
of cell this is?
What do you already know about cells?
What types of cells have you heard of?
WHAT CELL IS IT?
In your groups, look at the picture of a cell you have
Can you identify any structures you see?
Physical Science Study Guide for End of Course Test
Chapter1. Introduction to Science
A. Natural Science has many branches:
1. Biological Science
a. Botany-study of plants
b. Ecology/Environmental- study of nature and humans role in the world
1. The positively charged particle in the nucleus is the
2. All atoms of the same element have the same
a. # of electrons
b. # of neutrons
c. mass number
d. # of protons
3. The particle in the atom with the same mas
Date _ Period _
To learn the parts of the microscope.
To find specimens using low and high power.
To make a wet mount.
To view your own human cheek cells under the microscope.
To compare plant and animal cells.
Skill and Practice Worksheets
Physics A First Course
Skill and Practice Worksheets
CPO Science Curriculum Development Team
Author: Thomas Hsu, Ph.D.
Vice Presidents: Thomas Narro and Lynda Pennell
Writers: Scott Eddleman, Mary Beth Hughes, Stacy K
Do Not Write on Test
Chapter 4 Atomic Structure Exam
Indicate whether the statement is true orfalse. A 2 true, B = false
Every atom of the same element has the same atomic number.
For an atom to be neutral, the number of protons must eq
Physical Science 9 Weeks Test Data
Data results for 1st 9 week test:
I did curve the grades a few points because I went back and looked at some
questions. I felt like
Acids and Bases
The degree of acidity or alkalinity (basic) is important in organisms. The body must
constantly maintain a near neutral pH (7) in the blood and body tissues. To do this, the body
produces buffers that can neutralize acids. Acidic and basic
Balancing Equation Practice
Place coefficients in front of the compounds to balance the equations. Some may already be
balanced. Next to the equation, write the name of the reaction type [synthesis (S), decomposition
(D), single replacement (SR), double r
Types of Chemical Reaction Worksheet CH. 7
Balance the reactions a to e and indicate which types of chemical reaction that are being
_ NaBr + _ Ca(OH)2 _ CaBr2 + _ NaOH Reaction Type:
_ NH3+ _ H2SO4 _ (NH4)2SO4
_ C5H9O + _ O2
PLEASE DO NOT WRITE ON TEST!
Botany Fall 2011- Growth, Leaves & Stems Test
1. Which hormone is responsible for promoting the ripening of fruit?
a. Abscisic acid
2. Which hormone helps stimulate cell division?
6. .1 M
7. .0001 M
8. PH of 2?
9. A girl tasted each of the following foods. Which of the following would NOT taste acidic to
10. Which of the following are examples of s
A. General Characteristics
1. Belongs to Kingdom _
2. _ due to their cells not having a nucleus or organelles
3. Reproduce by _
B. Role as producers
1. _ bacteria because they produce food without _ which is
YOU MUST COMPLETE 15 OF YOUR CHOICE- YOU CAN DO MORE IF YOU WANT
Chapter 3 Lesson 3: Newtons Laws of Motion
1. When does an objects motion change? When an object speeds up, slows down, or changes
2. Define acceleration. When speed or direction of motion of an object changes ov