1. How are fire scenes different than regular crime scenes for investigators?
Fire scenes are different than regular crime scenes because the
evidence that was at the scene of the crime is most likely burned and
destroyed. This makes it hard to piece toge
1. The NIBIN is the National Integrated Ballistic Identification Network and was created in 1999
by the FBI and the ATF using the IBIS (Integrated Ballistic Integration Network). The NIBIN
provides law enforcement agencies around the world with
1. Describe the crime that was committed and the scene of the crime.
There is a dead woman on the floor who looks like she has been
strangled to death.
2. Describe two pieces of evidence that you found in the game.
I found a key and sleeping drugs.
SOCRATES Online Syllabus for
Course Instructor and Communications
Name: Jodi K. Hicks
Phone calls/texts are welcome. Voice mails/texts will usually be answered within 24 hours.
My phone number will be provided to students at the time of e
1. What is DNA? Where is it found?
DNA is deoxyribose nucleic acid. It contains genetic information. It can
be found everywhere, including in saliva, hair strands, and blood.
2. What is mitochondrial DNA?
Mitochondrial DNA is the DNA located in the mitoch
1. What does the PCR do?
PCR is a method by which a few fragments of DNA can be duplicated into
millions in a couple of hours. This makes PCR a very useful method in,
amongst other fields, forensic science.
2. Why is PCR helpful to forensic scientists?
1. What was Willingham charged with? What happened to Willingham?
Willingham was convicted of setting a fire that happened in 1991 that
killed his 3 daughters. He was executed.
2. Why did investigators believe that an accelerant had been used at the
"11 Fact About Texting and Driving." DoSomething.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Oct. 2016.
Bands, Texting Thumb. "Texting and Driving Statistics." Texting and Driving Statistics. N.p., n.d.
Web. 02 Oct. 2016.
"How to Avoid Texting While Driving." Sta