1. Goal number one is to describe, this means to report what is observed. Next
comes goal number two which is to explain. For this goal you need to
organize and understand the observations of behaviors. The third goal is to
predict. To predict means to ob
1. Jean studied childrens behavior including thinking and learning. This
includes how they act, see and speak. This can help us understand why
children do the things they do and say. They think and act completely
different than adults.
2. Teratogen is an
1. Representativeness heuristic- the best example for me is when I see men dressed
nicely in a suit and having a fancy watch on. I assume they have a lot of money
and are happy in life.
Availability heuristic - I have recently seen that a local restaurant
1. I would not elect to have this operation. I feel as if it would give me to much control
of my subconscious. If I was able to control my pleasure centers directly I would be
able to basically control how I am feeling all the time. It may make you more
1. A real life example of classical conditioning would be when you hear the song
of an ice cream truck the first time it means nothing. But when you hear the
song again you recognize it with ice cream and get excited as you begin to
crave ice cream.
2. A real-life example of sensory adaptation would be putting on cologne or
deodorant in the morning knowing it is a strong good smell. Then five
minutes later not being able to smell it at all. Your body has adjusted to the
smell and is now familiar with
1. Kellie has arousal Theory. She gets anxiety and looks for something to do to
deal with the problem.
Jordan has Drive-Reduction Theory. His body is used to the drugs and thinks
that he needs them to be normal.
Denise has Hierarchy of Needs Theory. Denis
1. No. I do not believe that parents should try to encourage their children in
gender roles that our society has developed. The child should be able to do
what he/she wants to do. They are to young to be judged by others and have
this prime learning time
1. Case 1: The patients inability to form words is affected from Brocas area, which is
located in the frontal lobe. Brocas area was found to be the source of where the
brain has language production. Ultimately affecting the patients ability to form
1. On the website I used the Common Cents link and found that I did not know
what I penny looked like completely in detail. This made me realize that I
need to start paying attention to little details of important objects in my life. I
will now start to l