My Vision for America
On Friday January 20, 1961, President John F. Kennedy delivered an Inaugural address
that contained one of the most well known quotes of this time, Ask not what your country can
do for you, ask what you can do
Operation Vittles" redirects here. For the 1948 documentary film, see Operation Vittles (film).The Berlin
Blockade (24 June 1948 12 May 1949) was one of the first major international crises of the Cold War and the
first resulting in casualties. During the
American History Unit 1: Before 1492-1770
(Chapter 1- 5 Terms)
1. Acoma pueblo revolt revolt against the Spaniards by Indians living at the Acoma pueblo in
1599. Juan de Onate violently suppressed the uprising, but the Indians revolted again that year,
14 June 2012
The Revolutionary War
When a Revolutionary War occurred, it resulted in major changes in society
and political changes which affected everyone. Without this particular war this
world today might be completely d
Clovis people- Paleo- Indians named after the site where evidence of their earlier existence was discovered.
Archaic Period- term used for the history of humans in amreica during a period of about 5,000 years beginning aroung
Bartholomeau Dias- rou
07 June 2012
No Need to Touch
Being a human, I know firsthand that adapting to new environments or anything
brand new can be very scary and intimating. Furthermore, the response today if a similar
convention was con
The US government was very sneaky in how they entices the settlers from the Far West. Many
settlers were hoping that the transition into the west was going to be good for them. They thought
that they would have their own land,
Paper # 1
During the, Reconstruction of the South, there were many challenges. Some of the challnges
were educational, economic, and racial. One of the challenges was educational. The educational
systems were set up so that blacks could
Theodore Roosevelt was not a trust-buster intentionally, he was an inexperienced president
that had no idea what he was doing. When stepping into presidency from vice president, society
was shocked. People had wondered
Paper # 3
There were many players and contributors to, The Great Railroad Strike of 1877. President
Hayes, the military, demonstrators, and even innocent women and children. This was a huge
event and was the first real labor strike that
Paper # 5
The populists ulitamately failed to become a third party in 1896 because they did not have the
support they needed. Most people were either for the democratic, or the republican parties. The
populists presented ideas that wer
The combination of immigrant workers stealing the jobs of the Americans and the new lower
level class that was created because of their migration, social classes in America were forever
changed. There was upper class, middle class, lowe
Final Paper, Immigrant Migration
During the mid 1800s America saw many waves of immigrant migration into its country.
From that point on America was changed forever, and the typical way of life would not only
change for the Americans
Paper # 5
The populists ultimately failed to become a third-party in 1896 because they did not
have the support they needed. Most people were either for the democratic, or the
republican parties. The populists presented ideas that were
European Immigration Waves and Affects
1Worse was to follow. It was soon perceived by estate owners and agents of property that
a greater percentage of profits could be realized by the conversion of houses and blocks
1. Free use of the U.S. mails granted to members of Congress is identified as the (_
2. Voters in a presidential election are actually chosing a slate of (_ _ )
pledged to vote for their party's presidential and vice presidential cand
1. A third party formed by a dissatisfied faction of a majority party is a(n) (_
2. Individuals selected to attend the national Democratic convention because of their position in
government or the party, and who are not pledged t
1. (_) is the most powerful medium of communication.
2. (_ _) is the power of government to prevent publication or to require
approval before publication, generally prohibited by the First Amendment.
3. Media professionals are not neutral
1. (_ _) are issues about which most people devote some thought and
have an opinion.
2. The (_ _) is when political leaders give good citizen responses,
whether they are truthful or not.
3. Age group differences in politics and public opinion are s
1. "Grant-in-aid programs enable the federal government to address truly national programs"
would be a statement made by (_) of federal aid.
2. The McCulloch case established the principle that the (_ _ _
_) gives Congress the right to choose its m
1. Judicial review developed under the Supreme Court leadership of (_ _)
in the Marbury v. Madision case in 1803.
2. During the discussions in Philadelphia, a plan proposed by Edmund Randolph for a legislature
with two houses, is known as (_ _ _).
1. The belief in social mobility reduces the potential for class conflict because it diminishes
2. The elimination of artificial barriers to success in life and the opportunity for everyone to
strive for success are referred to as (_ _ _).
CHAPTER NINE: INTEREST GROUPS:
GETTING THEIR SHARE AND MORE
INTEREST GROUP POWER: Interest groups seek to influence government
policy. Organization concentrates power and concentrated power prevails over
unorganized interests. The First Amendment gi
Mutually supportive relationships among interest groups, government agencies, and legislative
committees with jurisdiction over a specific policy area are known as ( _
2. "(_ _)" literally means "friend of the court."
3. The NAACP
INTEREST GROUPS: GETTING THEIR SHARE AND MORE
To many, the concept of interest groups and their associated power have long held a
fascination. James Madison referred to interest groups as factions in his writings, particularly
Jeff Nettles Dr. Carl Garrigus AMH 2010 03/06/11 Economic Development of Early America By the 17th century, most of the population of the new world was English. However, there were also Dutch, Swedes, German, French, Africans, Spaniards, Italians, and Por
Discuss the role of economic developments in shaping American history from the early settlements to the Constitution:
General Info: e Most of the people who moved to the new world, by the 17th century, were essentially English but there were also Dutch, S