Chapter 21 Homework
1. Just in Time (JIT) is producing only what is needed, when it is needed, and in the
quantity that it is needed.
2. Mass production is based on historical data and trend analysis. No one can predict the
Chapter 11 Homework
1. Communication would be as simple as an email but effective communication would be
the most efficient form of communication with someone such as a face-to-face for
critical issues rather than an email or a
Cpt 7 Homework
Contemporary Concepts of customer and supplier are extended relationship between buyers
and sellers based on confidence, credibility, and mutual benefit. The buyer, on its part,
provides long-term contracts and ass
Chapter 22 Homework
1. We are bound by a short term focus: Everything western organizations do has to have a
measurable payback in the next quarter or next year, or it cannot be justified
2. The traditional approach tends to be arro
Chapter 12 Homework
1. Training is what you learn personally while education can be what you pick to learn
2. Training makes smarter employees and improves quality and standards
3. Online learning, DVDs, Lecture, Demonstration,
Chapter 18 Homework
1. Statistical Process Control (SPC) is a statistical method of separating variation resulting
from special causes from variation resulting from natural causes in order to eliminate the
special causes and to esta
Chapter 17 Homework
1. Quality function deployment (QFD) is a specialized method for making customer
needs/wants important components of the design and production of the product or
2. The House of Quality uses a multifuncti
Chapter 16 Homework
In decision making we are concerned with decisions that impact the organization in some significant,
tangible way: for example, those that can affect the future path of the organization, its missio
Cpt 9 Homework
Leadership is leading you employees and not just bossing them around, they look up to
leaders, not bosses
A good leader knows how the job is done and likes to
Chapter 13 Homework
1. Internal politics consists of activities undertaken to gain advantage or influence
organizational decision making in ways that intend to serve a purpose other than the
best interests of the overall organizatio
Chapter 19 Homework
1. Continual improvement is fundamental to success in a global environment. Customer needs are
not static, they change continually. The only way a company can hope to compete in the modern
marketplace is to impro
Chapter 20 Homework
1. Benchmarking is the process of comparing and measuring an organizations operations
or its internal processes against those of a best in class performer from inside or outside
2. Benchmarking invo
Cpt 8 Homework
1. Involved employees are asked for their input, but are not given ownership of
their jobs. Empowered employees are given ownership of the process and
they are responsible for the products or services generated by tho
Chapter 10 Homework
1. Teams bring together the skills of people to achieve a common goal and to get the
different inputs from all of the skills.
2. When a group of people all want to solve an issue and want to do it efficiently
Homework Cpt 5
1. Define the term partnering.
a. Partnering is the process of two or more entities creating synergistic
solutions to their challenges
2. What are the benefits of partnering?
a. To bring together similar p
Homework Cpt 15
1. Explain the purpose of a Pareto chart. Give an example of when one would be
a. To find where issues might lie and where a product might be
2. Describe the origin and use of caus
Homework Chp 4
1. Define the term ethics.
a. Ethics are moral principles that govern a persons behavior.
2. What is morality?
a. Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or
good and bad behavior.
1. What is strategic management?
a. Strategic Management is management that bases all actions, activities,
and decisions on what is the most likely within an ethical frameworkto ensure successful performance i
1. Explain the relationship between quality and competitiveness.
a. The higher your quality becomes and the higher you move up the successive
ladder, the higher and more aggressive the competitiveness as you
Define the term quality?
a. Quality, from a customers POV, is meeting or exceeding expectations.
What is total quality?
a. Total quality is an approach that maximizes a companys competitiveness thro
Cpt 14 Homework
1. List six statements and summarize the comparative scope of ISO 9000 TQM
a. ISO 9000 and TQM are not interchangeable
b. ISO 9000 is combatable with TQM but is viewed as a subset
c. ISO 9000 frequently imple
Cpt 6 Homework
1. Define the expression quality culture.
a. A quality culture is an organizational value system that results in an
environment that is conducive to the establishment and continual
improvement of quality.