Unit 1B Review: The Spread of Ideas
1. What is the Renaissance? What are its impacts?
1400-1700 blooming of art, literature, science
Moved away from life in church, secular education, urban societies, Italy (major trading
centers), focused more on materia
Name _Ji Hwnag_ Date _ Period _1_
Unit 2a Review: Forces of Change Industrialization (HONORS)
1. What are the four forces of change identified in class?
Industrial Economy: Relies on man
2B Nationalism Unit
1. Nationalism- Having a strong feeling of pride in your own ethnic group.
2. Conservatives- Wanting to keep things the traditional way, this idea tried to stop the
spread of democratic and nationalistic ideas in the 1800s. Aristocrats
Unit 1 C Review
Tousaint- Leader of slave revolt in Haiti.
Bolivar- A Creole who became the hero of South America as he fought the Spanish.
Haiti- The location of the worlds only successful slave revolt.
Absolute Monarchy- A system in which th
1. Capitalism- economic system features a free market and no government intervention in
2. Communism- This economic system features a revolution by the workers to take control of the
means of production from the wealthy midd
Austria-Hungary Argues With Serbia
Austria-Hungary blamed Serbia for the assassination
Austria-Hungary issued an ultimatum to Serbia
Serbia allowed all demands except Austria-Hungarys
involvement in an investigation
Austria Hungary Declares War on Serb
Influence On Chris McCandless Capture Sheet
Where and when was he born? What part of his early life may have influenced his work?
parents appreciated art
Tolstoy influenced views on history and nature
close with Tolstoy