Grade 11 Physics Waves Test #1 Review
1. What is a wave?
2. What are the parts of transverse and longitudinal waves?
3. In a transverse wave, the particles move _ to the direction of
the wave. In a longitudinal wave, the particles move _ to the
Grade 11 Physics Test: Dynamics
PART A: MULTIPLE CHOICE (20 Marks)
The following 6 questions are based on the drawing
1) If M is 10 kg and Fa = 100 N and there is no friction, what will the acceleration of M be?
a) 0 m/s2
b) 10 m/s2
c) 9.8 m/s2
d) 1.02 m/
Physical Science 20 Turn in Assignment #2 Unit 1 Part 1 Waves
1. A pendulum swings back and forth exactly 20 times in 15s. Calculate its period and its frequency.
2. A swimmer notices that exactly 30 waves strike a breakwater in 1.00m
What is a light year?
a. Unit of distance how far light travels in one year
b. Light travels at a specific speed
a. 60 mi/hr it will go 60 miles in 1 hour
b. a lightbulb will travel 3 *10^8 m/s
c. One light year (ly)= 3*10^8