Unit 1 Ecology Day 2 Notes
Energy in the Ecosystem
Energy relationships can be represented by pyramids.
Trophic level= each level of a pyramid
Primary Consumers- next level, herbivores
Secondary Consumers- next level, eat primary consume
Topic 3.3 Meiosis Understandings
3.3.1 One diploid nucleus divides by meiosis to produce four haploid nuclei.
- Compare divisions of Meiosis I and Meiosis II.
3.3.2 The halving of the chromosome number allows a sexual life cycle with fusion of
For Matt Hale, A Wedding Worthy of Death
Approaching their one-year anniversary, Shannon and Edgar Sandoval found
that someone had noted in a very public way their special day.
On fliers distributed around their Illinois town in late July, the S
3.5 Genetic Modification and Biotechnology Notes Quiz
1. Its negative
2. It breaks the hydrogen bonds
3. So it doesnt get rekt by the denaturation
5. C and A
7. Suspect #1
9. Same genetic code (code is universal)
3.2 Chromosomes Notes Quiz
1. Bacteria is single celled and they only have one copy of each chromosome
2. Beads = proteins
String = DNA
3. Take up less space to fit in the nucleus
4. Female with down syndrome
5. Female with missing one 7 and
3.3 Meiosis Notes Quiz
Reduction division means its reduces the amount of chromosomes by half each time.
Sperm and egg
G stands for Growth, S stands for Synthesis
Topic 3.2 Chromosomes Understandings
3.2.1 Prokaryotes have one chromosome consisting of a circular DNA molecule.
- Describe the arrangement of prokaryotic DNA (Nucleoid and plasmid)
- Define the term naked in relation to prokaryotic DNA
3.2.2 Some prokar
Topic 3.5 Genetic Modification and Biotechnology
3.5.1 Gel electrophoresis is used to separate proteins or fragments of DNA according to size.
- Describe the role of restriction enzymes in biotechnology
- Explain the function and purpose of DNA electropho
Use the following information, link, and pictures to help you answer the questions about
Meselson and Stahls experiment. As a group, use chalk to answer the questions on the table to
present. Use drawings to help illustrate your points if you
Cell membrane structure
1. Describe the basic structure of the cell membrane.
2. Identify the molecules found within the cell membrane.
3. Describe the arrangement of the molecules in the cell membrane.
4. Explain how the structure of the c
Ecology Study Guide
1. Illustrate and explain how organism, population, community, ecosystem and biosphere
They all flow into each other, Organisms make a population, which make a community which
live in the ecosystem which are all in
3.4 Inheritance Notes Quiz
1. An allele is a variation of a gene.
2. Anaphase 1 ONLY
3. CC - homozygous dominant
cc - homozygous recessive
Ss - yellow