1. What is the NIBIN?
the National Integrated Ballistic Identification Network it was created by the FBI and the ATF. This
network provides law enforcement agencies around the world with access to the images and
2. What is rif
1. There were four different types of evidence mentioned such as; physical evidence, testimony,
demonstrative evidence, and documentary evidence.
2. Individual characteristics are the evidence with characteristics that are used to trace t
1. Describe the case that the forensic anthropologists and others discover. Why do they
suspect that it may be murder?
Because the skeleton has a crack in its skull and it was buried under a house, like
someone was trying to hide it.
2. What does the skel
1. The crimes include multiple murders done in Austin Texas, 5 black girls and 2 white girls. They
were all murdered by an axe and dragged outside to be sexually assaulted.
2. There were different types of weapons used, and there were two races affected b
1. Responsibilities may include: organizing case records for the deceased, documenting evidence,
reporting the circumstances surrounding the death, obtaining family history and reviewing
2. Telling the family members of deat
1. What are the three types of fingerprints found in the human population? How often does each
Loops , whorls , and arches are the types of fingerprints found in the human population. About
60% to 65% of the population has loop fin
My case is about Izzie Steven a 23 year old surgical resident at Seattle Grace hospital. Izzie falls in
love with cardiothoracic patient named Denny Duquette, and the two become engaged. When Denny's
condition deteriorates, I
Unit Four: Lab Questions
The Art of Crime Detection <- your lab link
1. What do the left and rights sides of the brain do? Which side of the brain does a police sketch
artist use when creating a suspect sketch?
The left side sees and interprets the world
2.4e: Explain how cellular respiration is important for the production of ATP
(build on aerobic vs. anaerobic).
I can provide an explanation of ATP being produced from food being broken
down during cellular respiration and that the presence of oxygen incr
1. Physical evidence is anything that can link the crime to a criminal. Examples of physical evidence
are fibers, weapons, and hair.
2. To record a crime scene, forensic scientist can use photography, drawings, and videography. They