Source port, Destination port, Length, and Checksum.
All of them are 2 bytes long.
The packet has a length field of 92 bytes, of which 8
are from the header. The remaining 86 bytes belong
to the payload (data) of this UDP segmen
1. 32 bits
2. A routing loop in each packet switch thinks the next packet switch in the set is the
shortest path to a certain destination. The existence of a routing loop means that a
packet can be circulated among packet switches indefinitely. The ICMP e
Rey Chen CEC 460 HW #6
1. Source Address: 60:33:4b:25:fa:4d
2. Destination address: 74:56:12:1c:4f:9b
It is not the Ethernet address of the gaia.cs.umass.edu but the address of my router
which is also the link to get off the subnet.
1. What is the IP address of your host? What is the IP address of the destination host?
The IP address of my host is 192.168.0.5. The IP address of the destination host is
2. Why is it that an ICMP packet does not have source and destination
1. What is the IP address of your computer?
3. Within the IP packet header, what is the value in the upper layer protocol field?
Within the header, the value in the upper layer protocol field is ICMP (1)
4. How many bytes are in the IP head
The network layer is responsible for packet forwarding including routing through intermediate
routers. The network layer implements the host-to-host communication service. There is a
piece of the network layer in each and every host and rou