1. You have been asked by your friend to describe this topic. Your friend knows very little about math, but learns well
with pictures and analogies. Come up with a creative way to explain the concept of compound interest to your friend.
2. Go to http:/ban
Consider the concepts of markup and markdown you read about this week. Now, apply your knowledge of these models to a
Please respond to all of the following prompts in the class discussion section of your online course:
1. Go to http:/w
You have decided to buy some office furniture. Please respond to all of the following prompts in the class discussion section of
your online course:
1. First, go to http:/www.officemax.com/. Find the price of a conference table you would like to buy.
1. Go to http:/www.amazon.com. Find the list of the Amazon.com Top 100 books located on the home page for Amazon.
2. If you have $100 to spend, how many of the Top 100 books can you buy if you start with the number one book and
work your way down the list
Real-World Problems: In this discussion, you will discuss a word problem on percents. You may make up your own problem, or
discuss a problem from your Individual Work. Also, feel free to post up problems that you could not solve and discuss these as
1. Go to http:/www.kbb.com/new-cars and choose a new car you would like to purchase. Go through all the steps of
adding additional options to your car. Note the MSRP.
2. Then go to https:/www.chase.com/ and click Products and Services and in the dropdown