A block and tackle is used to lift a load weighing 600 lb. The operator lifts
the load a distance of 1.25 ft by pulling on the rope with a force of 200 lb
over a distance of 4 ft.
227. Input work = _ ftlb
228. A rusty nut moves with difficulty on an equal
Complete each sentence or statement with one of the following terms. On the answer sheet fill in
the corresponding letter from each column.
Mechanical work is done when force or torque causes an obj
197. Work equals a force-like quantity times a displacement, for electrical work. The
force-like quantity is _ and the displacement quantity is
198. The general unifying equation for expressing rate is _.
199. The SI units, m/sec, describe a _.
155. What is the rate of 10 gallons of
water moving through a pipe in 2
156. In the equation , what does the
symbol V stand for?
157. The equati
138. A useful rate associated with a
fluid system is
139. If a leak in a faucet causes a
water loss of 120 gallons in two
days, whats the volume-flow
rate per hour (24 hours = 1 day)?
120. Your car has been running,
warming up the engine, for 7
minutes. The engine revolved
4550 times CW. Find the
angular speed and angular
650 rpm; 650 rpm c.
650 rpm; -650
d. 600 rpm; -600 rpm
b. 600 rpm; 600 rpm
121. 360 degrees is equa
52. If the output work is divided by
the input work in a mechanical
system, the result is
53. Another name for a Newtonmeter is _.
54. How much work is done when a
101. A coulomb of charge is equal to
b. a unit of electrical charge
c. represented by q in the equation
d. all of these
6.25 1018 electrons
102. An electrical system produces
1000 Joules of work output by
using 1500 Joules of input. The
system has an e
72. What is the quantity moved in a
73. Which of the following is an
equation for work done in a
b. W = pressure difference V
c. both a and b are equations for work done in a pressure system
A 220V electric motor draws a current of 40 amperes for five seconds.
How many coulombs of charge are moved?
Remember, charge (q) = current(I)time(t).
a. 8 coulombs
b. 5.5 coulombs
c. 55 coulombs
d. 200 coulombs
The unit for electrical charge is _.
182. The work required to lift water from a lake to a tank above the lake is given by .
To find the pressure difference (p), the _ of the water must be
known, as well as the height (h) of the lift.
183. Mechanical work is done when a box is pushed onto a