SPEECH 4 & 5 ASSIGNMENTS
PERSUASIVE SPEECH PREPARATION OUTLINE
MONROES MOTIVATED SEQUENCE
Research Question: Why is child abuse a problem?
General Purpose: To persuade
Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience that child abuse is not just the problem of t
1. Gun restraining orders are ripe for abuse: Opposing view
This article is about California lawmakers creating the gun violence restraining order. The
author Robert Farago, makes his case against that law by telling us of a case with a man
named Elliot R
Breast feeding is extremely beneficial to not only the baby but also to
the mother. It helps with so many different things from health to smarts. We
discuss a lot of these things in anatomy and physiology. In the article Breast
is Best, I found many thing
Myasthenia Gravis is a chronic autoimmune neuromuscular disease characterized by
varying degrees of weakness of the skeletal (voluntary) muscles of the body. Myasthenia Gravis
is caused by a defect in the transmission of nerve impulses t
Week #13, Chapter 14
1. a. Who were the Mongols and why were they successful?
a. The Mongols were separate Nomadic tribes until Genghis Khan united them. They became a
powerful alliance and used fear, horses, and other tactics in war to become successful.
1. What are the main tenets of Islam.
1. The main tenets of Islam are known as the Five Pillars of Islam. The first Pillar of Islam says
that Muslims must acknowledge Allah as the only God and Mohammad as his prophet. The
second one says that they must pr
Does Herodotus view Greece in a positive or negative light?
Give an example to back up your conclusion. How does he
view the Persians?
I believe that Herodotus viewed Greece in a negative light. In one specific part about the Greeks
he stated In
Week #12, Chapter 13
1. In your opinion, why did Hinduism develop in India and not
in another part of the world?
1. In my opinion, I believe Hinduism developed in India and not in another part of the world because
they invaded India and not another countr
1. What was the Silk Road and how did it begin (consult the
Eyewitness document on page 157)?
1. The Silk Road was the network of trade routes that linked lands as distant as China and the
Roman Empire and more generally to the establishment of relations
The Importance of Vitamin D
Vitamin D is a hormone, regulating more than 200 genes throughout the body. It plays many very
important roles in the health of your body. Vitamin D is created in your body by the suns energy.
The suns energy turns a chemical i
1. In your opinion what factors contributed to the success
of the Mauryan dynasty and what factors led to its
decline? Be sure to give examples and to consider the
influence of the leaders on the success and decline of
1. In my opinion, ther