1. Evidence presented in the text suggests that birthrates among developing
countries are lower with
a. Higher growth
2. The hidden momentum of population growth is caused by
a. Population age structure
3. In stage III of the demographic transitio
HD Model: focus on saving
L / L = n > 0
Appendix 3.2 Solow growth model:
Substitution between k&L
Everything in terms of per capita
y=output per capita
y=Y/L output per person
k=K/L capital per worker capital pe
1. The following income distribution data are for Brazil.
(a) Carefully graph the Lorenz curve, labeling t
1. Which education indicator refers to enrollments of those of the relevant age
a. Gross enrollment rates
b. Net enrollment rates
c. Grade survival rates
d. Learning outcomes
2. Lifetime earnings curves for most developing countrie
1. In stage III of the demographic transition,
(a) the birth rate and the death rate are relatively low.
(b) the birth rate and the death rate are relatively high.
(c) the birth rate is relatively high and the death rate is relatively low.
1. which of the following is not an ex-ante risk management strategy?
a. pulling children (already enrolled) from school
2. using standard methods to measure benefits and costs, the private rate
of return on education cannot be less than the social rate o