2. What is the "style tribe"? List three style tribes of the 1960s and 1970s,
and describe the fashions associated with these groups.
- A style tribe is a group of people who dress in a similar fashion, creating a
tribe amongst themselves
Review for Exam 2
TEST: octo 31. 10:20
CTE 3512 History of Dress (Fall 2016)
* 32 Multiple Choices and True/False Questions (1.5 points x 32 = 48 points) + 22 Matching
Questions (1 point x 22 = 22 points) = 70 points
Part V The Nineteenth Century: 1800-19
Week 7 CTE3512, history of dress
1. Charles Worth is considered as an important figure in the history of costume. Describe
his role and contributions to the fashion world.
Charles Worth was a British-born man who created the high fashion dressmaki
Week 5 discussion board
During the Empire Period the mens clothing began to become more subdued in color,
more generic meaning they clothing would lack decoration compared to the 18 th century. Over
time, trousers replaced knee breeches, that were now tig
The Italian Renaissance occurred for a couple of centuries, dating from 1400 to about 1600. The
interest in art grew amongst the people from paintings to textiles. Wool, silk, cotton and linen
were all fabrics similarly used in Italian dress.
1. What factors contributed to spread new fashion info in Europe during the 16t century?
2. What important decorative techniques were used in the 16th century to decorate
clothing. provide a few examples of clothing
During the 16th century, the Renaissanc
1B. Several woman figures were very important during the 1700s including Queen Marie
Antoinette. She was a young, attractive Austrian princess married to Louis XVI at the very young
age of 14. She was immature and frivolous during her first years as queen
In the 17th century, new fashions for women didnt appear until about mid 1600s, specifically
the 1630s. From about 1650-1700, women were starting to wear a mantua also known as a
type of overskirt. They were thought to be derived from Middle Eastern robes
What media were used to disseminate current information about fashion trends during the first
two decades of the 20th century?
Typewriters were invented which allowed for mass media. Fashion magazines and womens
magazines frequently printed photos of fash
-Choose one of the fashion designers presented in Ch 17 (1947-1960). Then
discuss 1) the characteristics of his/her garment designs in terms of color,
textile, and style; 2) his/her sources of inspiration and design philosophy; 3)
the influences of