Lab HS 1-2
1. In order to determine the density of an irregularly shaped wood carving that was less
dense than water we would use volume displacement.
2. The penny would be closest to zinc because its mostly made up of zinc.
3. No I
1. They float on the top of the water. It tells us that the ice cubes are less dense than the
water which is why it floats.
2. Sink or Swim
a. Nail/screw sinks
b. Toothpick swims
c. Rock/sand sinks
d. Plastic swims
3. It tells us that if somethi
Metric Questions (each worth 0.5 points)
1. The mass of a grain of sand is about 0.001 grams or _1_ mg.
2. The weight of a person is 100,000 grams or _100_ kg.
3. The volume of a golf ball is about 0.001 L or _1_ mL.
4. A virus has a length of about 0.000
HS Lab 1-6
1. Volume and Temperature
2. Volume and Pressure
a lot of effort
The relationship betwe
Lab HS 1-3
2. Wavelengths The brighter the color the higher the wavelength
a. Red = 700nm - 635nm
b. Orange = 635nm 590nm
c. Yellow = 590nm 560nm
d. Green=560nm 490nm
e. Blue=490nm 450nm