1. Tyrosine is polar while Phenylalanine is non-polar because:
Tyrosine contains a hydroxyl group attached to the phenyl ring which makes the
amino acid polar due to the presence of the oxygen atom.
3. The only amino acid that does NOT contain an asymm
However, the rate of the reaction is not the highest in the initial interval (0 10 seconds)
because the enzyme did not have enough time to act on the substrate.
The rate of the reaction gets lower as time increases, because more and more of the
The presence of primer dimer, in the absence of other bands, confirms that the reaction
contained all components necessary for amplification.
1. The + allele is not confined to any particular racial or ethnic group, because p > 0 for
This potential difference is generated by the sodium potassium pump, which actively
transports 3 Na+ irons out of the cell for every 2 K+ ions which are pumped into the cell.
This results in more positive charges outside the cell.
Furthermore, the membran
The Na+ ions inside the cell move along the axon where it is more negative.
This change in voltage caused Na+ channels to open further along the axon, resulting in
a continuation of the action potential.
A neuron was is the current evidenc
1. In Lactose there are 22 hydrogen atoms, 12 carbon atoms, and 11 oxygen atoms.
2. Glucose, Galactose, and Fructose are all considered structural isomers of each other
because they have the same molecular formula however, differing structural formulas.
How Do Hormones Regulate?
The structures necessary to allow hormone 1 to react are a signal receptor bound to
the cell membrane that fits the shape of the hormone, a signal transduction pathway,
and proteins that cause the cytoplasmic or nuclear response.
1. All fatty acids (unsaturated) contain the two functional groups: ester and alkene.
2. If Caproic acid is partially hydrogenated:
then it does not contain the maximum number of hydrogens and therefore some
double bonds would be found in the hydrocarb
In this section, it is explained how hydrogen peroxide is decomposed with respect to
This would explain why less hydrogen peroxide was decomposed after 120 seconds than
after 60 seconds, as the new hydrogen peroxide was first used for
Additionally, water follows the solutes out of the blood vessels.
As a result, there is less pressure inside the blood vessels.
The composition of solutes and dissolved gases in blood is important in regulating blood
pressure because the amount of solutes