1. What is H5N1? What is the concern about H5N1? What is a super
H5N1 is a type of influenza virus that causes a highly infectious, severe
respiratory disease in birds. A super virus is a virus that is particularly
powerful or resistant to treatmen
1. How do traditional societies care for their elderly? How are their methods
different from modern societies'?
In traditional societies older people instead live out their lives among their children, their
other relatives, and their lifelong
Unit Two: Text Questions
1. What is tertiary care? What are some characteristics of this level of
Tertiary is a specialized level of health care that includes diagnosis and
treatment of diseases and disabilities. Tertiary care is wh
UNIT ONE Lab Questions
Unit One: Lab Questions
1. What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of the current
healthcare system in the United States?
One advantage of the current healthcare system in the U.S. is we have
one of the best medical resear
1. What is an AED? Where are they found?
An AED is a portable defibrillators. They are found in airports, community centers,
sports stadiums, schools, shopping malls, and fitness centers, among other sites
2. What is CPR? Why is it used?
1. What are conventional, alternative, and complementary medicine? How do
Conventional includes treatments and practices used by medical doctors and
other allied health providers, such as physical therapists. Alternative is used
in place of t
1. What is a teratogen? What are some examples of a teratogen? What
factors influence a teratogen?
A teratogen is any substance or agent that interferes with the normal
development of a fetus in the womb. Factors include the d
Unit One: Text Questions
1. What are diagnostics? How is this related to the health sciences?
Diagnostics is the identification of diseases, illnesses, and other
conditions and the process by which the identification is made.
1. How many more bacteria cells are in or on humans?
2. Why are bacteria important to humans?
Bacteria is important to humans because they keep us alive by making our
vitamins or protecting us.
3. How do the Vibrio fischeri communicate? What h