Salinity and Irr. Efficiency Problem Set - Due Monday, March 7
Total points = 16
1. What is the one irrigation management factor that will most affect the value of the average
the root zone? Assume you cannot change the ir
1. A. What is the difference between SMD and MAD in units and definition?
MAD(Management Allowable Depletion) is the percentage of water that is depleted
from the soil between the field capacity point and the permanent wilting p
Irrigation Requirements of Cotton
March 2, 2011
Cotton is a valuable cash crop that is grown in North America as well as all around the
world. It is grown in climates that range from areas with average rainfall to desert climates.
1. What types of plant nutrients are found on the exchange sites?
Nutrients with positive charges, such as NH4+, Ca+, and K+.
2. Explain the relative ease of movement of each to the following ions as water moves down
1. True or false. If a crop has a high crop coefficient for a particular growth stage, the
ET will be the highest during that growth stage.
True. From the equation Etc = Etr x Kc, if Kc is larger, the ET of the crop at the