Session 1 Paper
The Context of the Helping Relationship: For these three sessions, I will be working with
twenty-one-year-old, Alison. Alison is a fourth year student here at Cal Poly and plays on the
Cal Poly volleyball team
Session 2 Paper
The Process of Helping: My second session with my helpee, Alison was a bit of an interesting
one. We arranged to have our second session on a late Sunday morning and were about thirty
minutes into the session
Session 3 Paper
The Process of Helping: My third session with my helpee, Alison, went fairly well overall. We
had our session on the Monday evening of dead week at the library. We started out reviewing the
work we had done in
Stage 1: The Current Picture
Task 1: Help clients tell their story.
o Jane Doe has trouble managing her stress.
o She is taking challenging classes that require a lot of extra work
outside the class room.
o She is
323 Exam #3 Study Guide
1. Understand the primary function of challenge and how it is best offered.
2. Be able to recognize examples of Ellis self-defeating mindsets.
3. Be able to recognize Steinbergs four fallacies of thinking by examples.
323 Exam 5 Study Guide
1. What are the tasks of stage III?
-Task III-A: Possible Strategies: Help clients develop possible strategies for accomplishing their
goals. What type of actions will help me het what I need and want?
-Task III-B: Best-f
323 Exam 4 Study Guide
1. What are the three tasks of Stage 2?
-Task II-A: Problem-Managing Possibilities
-possibilities for a better future, things you think you want, needs
-in helping clients move from problems to solutions, counselors help
323 Exam 2 Study Guide
1. Understand the concepts of nudge, prompt, and probe and be able to recognize them by example
o Any aspect of the choice architecture that alters behavior in a predictable way without
forbidding any options
Steps of Stage III
1. Help clients develop possible strategies for accomplishing their goals
2. Help clients choose strategies tailored to their preferences and resources
3. Help clients formulate actionable plans
Where is your helpee in the Egan stages?