Rule Compounds Exceptions All sodium, potassium All compounds of and ammonium salts None Na+, K+, and NH4+ are soluble in water. The nitrates, chlorates, All compounds of and acetates of all Ag(CH3COO) is sparingly NO3-, ClO3-, and metals are soluble
Assimilation: meltiong pot, immigration
Ethnocentrism: belief that ones culture is normal and judging other cultures
Enculturation: learned and taught
Intersectionality: factors such as gender, race, and class interact to shape life
-Sociology is the systematic study of human society and social interaction
-society: is a large social grouping that shares the same geographical territory and is
subject to the same political authority and dominant cultural expectations
December 11, 2016
Part I: Multiple Choice: 2 points each
1. Which of the following substances is not a solution?
E) All of the above are solutions.
2. In an acid-base reaction
Name: 9 ltl (f Keg Date: December 7, 2016
1. A weak acid is one - t completely dissociates into ions in solution.
True = A False "
2. A 5' ion that has a pH of 10 would also have a pOH of4.
True A False = B
3. Pure deionized water
Practice Quiz for Quiz #5
1. Using the chart of electronegativities (figure 10.2 in your text or in your in-class handout), rank the
bonds below in order of polarity, most polar first:
2. Write the Lewis dot structures for
Quiz 6 Answer Key
1. Translate the word equations below into chemical reactions, and write the products of the reaction. Balance
the reaction and include the state (g, l, s, aq) of each component.
pH and Buffers Worksheet
1. Complete the equation shown below:
2. What is the pH of the solutions below:
1.00 x 10-5 M HCl
0.00034 M HCl
1.56 x 10-9 M HNO3
4.731 x 10-4 M KOH
5.8 x 10-5 M NH4OH
3. What is the [H+] at the pH or pOH give