1. Discuss different levels of civilization among the indigenous population of Latin America before the arrival of the Europeans. Explain the main characteristics of each category and use specific examples. 1. Sedentary a. Produced surplus to allow f
1. Explain the background of the Europeans who colonized Latin
America. Discuss their reasons for going to Latin America and their initial reaction when they arrived.
Iberia: Spain & Portugal I. Originally went for trade, wanted to find trade route
1.Briefly discuss diverse inhabitants of ancient Canaan (Present day Palestine/Israel) since the very beginning to the opening of the Christian era.
I. Canaanites (1700 BCE) a. From Mesopotamia b. Northwest Semetic (speak an ancient language with the
1. Briefly discuss the formation of the Ottoman Empire I. II. III. IV. V. 11th century 13th century nomadic tribal warriors. Defeated Mongolians. 1453: Ottomans conquered Constantinople ended Byzantine Empire. Ottoman Turks were multi-national, mult
1. Briefly discuss characteristics of the First Industrial Revolution. I. Great Britain was at the forefront, in 1770. a. Workshop of the world. i. Everyone came to British. ii. Raw materials came from overseas went to England where they produced man
TOPIC 7 Political Independence & Economic Imperialism in Latin America Historical Latin America was colonized by Spain & Portugal All governors were Iberians If a Latin American wanted to sell oil to Great Britain, they would have to sell to Penins
Discuss millet system and its end in the 19th century
Only way for the Ottomans to defend against West was to technologize and modernize. a. End of Millet system Everyone equal before law. i. Not good for Muslims because they lose ec
1. Discuss the events in Dayr Yasin, reasons and results.
EVENTS: I. April 9, 1948: several Jewish armed factions (Irgun & Stern) seized and occupied the Arab town Dayr Yasin. a. Brutal attack where young women and children were killed, wom