Chapter 10 Emotional Development
Important issues related to emotional development
Emotional Regulation- ability to moderate emotions
Emotional Intelligence- how well you can read other peoples emotions, and your own
Emotion coaching- teaching how you
1. Primary source- original material that has not been filtered through interpretation/evaluation by
a second party
Will have method, participant, data/results, etc. sections
2. Secondary source- source that contains commentary
This is a primary source.
This is a correlational and cross-sectional study.
Was the sample picked correctly? Why or Why not?
The topic of this study was an interesting one. Gossip definitely plays a role in friendships no
matter the ages. Alt
1. This is a primary source.
2. This study is correlational and longitudinal.
3. Is there a relationship between control and intelligence?
4. This article wasnt my favorite but I still found certain parts interesting. Just as I found the set-up
of the art
Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 53:3 (2012), pp 254261
A prospective longitudinal study of childrens
theory of mind and adolescent involvement in
Sania Shakoor,1 Sara R. Jaffee,1 Lucy Bowes,1 Isabel
Copyright 1987 by the American Psychological Association, Inc.
1987, Vol. 2.1, No. 5, 611-626
Theoretical Propositions of Life-Span Developmental Psychology:
On the Dynamics Between Growth and Decline
Paul B. B