Alliteration- Repetition of the first consonant sound in a phrase
Ex. peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
Ex. 2 Titus the tailor told ten tall tales to Titania the titmouse.
Anaphora- Repetition of the same word or group of words at the beginning
Conditions in Latin
February 14, 2011
Si or Nisi
Discipuli sunt laeti si Dooner tacet.
The students are happy if Dooner is silent.
Discipuli erant laeti si dooner tacebat.
The students were happy if Dooner was silent.
Discipuli erunt laeti si D
May 5, 2011
Indicative- States facts
Subjunctive- Contrary to fact
Participial- Verb serving as adjective
Infinitive- Idea of verb, starts with to
Present- happening currentl
Not that I loved Ceasar less, but that I loved Rome more. Shakespeare- Antithesis
Let us die, and charge into the thick of the fight.- Vergil, Aeneid II- Hysteron P
Identifications for Aeneid-Casablanca Test
Dido- Crazy, unlucky, commits suicide, curses Romans (Trojans)
Turnus- Rutulian prince in Italy, engaged to Lavinia
Anchises- Aeneass father, his wise guide, dies, and Aeneas meets him in the Underworld an
1. Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no
2. Row, row, row your boat. Alliteration and assonance
3. Put on your shoes and socks. Hysteron Proton
4. Lions and tigers and bears, oh m
1. Infinative translation
2. General knowledge on Aeneid
3. 4 Verb Forms: Which is Perfect Passive Participle?
4. 4 Verb Forms: Which is Perfect Passive Infinative?
5. What declension ending go on certain adjective?
a. 1st/2nd bonus, altum