Chapter 35: Transport Phenomena
Problem numbers in italics indicate that the solution is included in the
Students Solutions Manual.
Questions on Concepts
Q35.1) What is the general relationship between the spatial gradient in a system
property and the flu
Exam 1 guide
You should know both the qualitative and quantitative aspects of the following topics for Exam 1.
You will be given a periodic table, equations and physical constants. You will not have to draw
graphs but you may have to interpret graphs that
Answers to pchem homework 1
12. 2.45 10-3 M/s
13. ratemax = 0.0375 M/s
Km = 0.0263 M
turnover # = 1.08 107 /s
1 + (KP)1/2
22. values of are 0.595, 0.754, 0.853, 0.932, 0.952, from low pressure to high pressure.
Vm = 5.04 mL
24. Vm = 1.56 cm3
CHM 3002 Feb 18, 2009
1. (25 pts) Define the following terms without using equations:
B. quantum yield
E. Langmuir isotherm
2. (8 pts) Describe the differences between phosphorescence and fluorescence.
Post-Exam 3 study guide
This is a list of important concepts that we covered after exam 3 (chapters 12.1 12.5 and 13.1
1. Know the general procedure used in Hatree-Fock SCF method.
2. Apply the variational method to a trial wavefunction.
Assume nucleus is stationary
o For the atom
o Me mass of electron
o Subscripts 1+2 indicate terms for electron #1 and electron #2
Chapter-> multielectron Atoms
o Everything except hydrogen
o Have to make an approximation
Model of Molecular Vibration
Model we use Rigid Rotor Model
Explains the atomic orbitals
Energy is within many forms
Electron states, change in vibrational states rotation motion, rotation states also
Rotational Energy is qua
April 17, 2009
1. (20 pts) Define the following terms.
B. spontaneous emission
D. symmetric function
2. (9 pts) Consider the four types of spectroscopy below. Provide the appropriate region of the
SUMMARY OUTPUT 33
Multiple R 0.995855
R Square 0.991727
Adjusted R Square
F Significance F
1 0.426666 0.426666 1198.777 9.6E-012
10 0.003559 0.00
CHM 3002 Exam 3 Name
Show all your work to receive full credit. A table of equations and physical constants is
provided. Good luck!
1. (20 pts) Dene the following terms without using equations.
Physical Chemistry 3002 Exam 3 Topics
This exam covers textbook chapters 7 (sections 2 5) 8, and 9, corresponding lectures
and homework assignments. Here are some of the most significant topics to help focus
your studies. You will be given an equation she
CHM 3002 Exam 3 April 17, 2009 Name C
l. (20 pts) Dene the following terms.
A. anharmonicity bCAa/Wlar a; M gab 05¢."de
gvbm . f5 n0+ Larmonlc
$ ; Ind-f con51§%ar%
pwm hallo en 6ng cu Na
. . \
B. spontaneous emlsswn emxfslxm MC 451} ~FAaJI' 1; odL