1. Darwin proved Lamarck wrong because .
- Darwin revealed that the length of the neck in giraffes is not the result of the
inheritance of acquired characteristics
2. Evolution constitutes a scientific
3. The neutral
1. The presence of _ suggests the _ of Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium.
Which information do we need to predict the allelic frequencies after one round of
selection in a given population?
selection coefficients for each genotype/allelic frequ
1. Migration constitutes an important evolutionary force because it _ allelic frequencies
across generations, eventually leading to the _ of the population.
2. The main consequences of genetic drift are _.
1. Mutations are difficult to study because _.
they are often rare and have subtle effects.
2. Organisms displaying different phenotypes at different environment are example of _.
3. There are _ kinds of variation among
1. According to The fundamental Principal of Phylogenetic inference:
Synapomorphies identify monophyletic groups
2. In phylogenetic inference, a preexisting (or ancestral) character is referred to as _.
3. In evolutionary trees,
1. _ constitute _ for those cases where evolutionary hypotheses _
tested by using _.
- observational evolutionary studies/ alternatives/ cannot be/ laboratory
2. We define _ as the _ change in _ across a range of _.
1. The concept of natural selection was describe at least by _ different authors
before its revision by _.
2/ Darwin and A.R. Wallace
2. What is the most important conclusion from Darwins book On the Origin of
Earths organisms are
When is natural selection going to reach perfection?
Why does the US Supreme Court strikes down the teaching of creation
science and intelligent design in schools?
because they are against the first amendment
1. Why does evolution matters?
- Because it addresses matters of life and death.
2. HIVs evolution is.
- shortsighted because it does not look for the future of the host (it kills the
3. The HIV protein that is involved in attachment of th
1. The Theory of Descent with Modification predict that a regions extant plants and
animals will be most similar to fossils
- form the same region
2. Transitional forms are.
- species showing a mix of features between ancestral populations and l