General ChemisTry I - FirsT Examinaion - 1/29/2014 - R. Lopez de la Vega Version 1
d for findings ThaT are summarized based on a paTTern or Trend?
law C) phenomena D) predicTion E) hypoThesis
2. The resulT
CHM1045 Worksheet Chapter 4
1. What mass of Ca(NO3)2 is needed to make 250 mL of a 0.786 M Ca(no 3)2 solution?
2. Calculate the molarity of a solution containing 45.4 g of NaNO 3 to a flask and dissolving it with
water to create a total volume of 2.50L.
Sociology- assignment 2
1. Write one sentence stating the main thesis of the excerpt below from
Women across Cultures. Economic power has categorized society in such a way
that have put men at a pedestal, where they have control over economic
Computer Project 3
Histogram of Salaries
Box Plot of Salaries
QQ Plot of Salaries
Summary Statistics of Salaries
According to the histogram, most of the data lies to the left and is not centered
around the mean therefore indicating that the histogram is n
Computer Project 1: Describing Data
1. Obtain a frequency table for Age Groups. Also summarize the composition
of your sample by Age Groups through a Pie Chart.
2. Obtain five number summaries for both Age and B
Gene Expression Through the
Observation of Bacterial Transformation
Of Plasmid Lux and Control Plasmid, pUC18.
Giselle Janoura- 5242800
BSC-1010L- Group 1: Nawaz Rahman, Manuel Vera, Jeniffer Marranca
Gene Expression Through the Observation of Bacterial T
Computer Project #2
1. As the number of trials increases, the proportion of male births gets
closer and closer to the original number: 51.2%
Number of Male
Proportion of Male
Computer Chemistry Assignment
The aim in performing this lab is to grasp concepts and be skillful in Microsoft
Word and Excel by using different techniques that include the creation of graphs,
CHM1045 Review (Chapters 1-3)
1. Molecules can be described as
A) mixtures of two or more pure substances.
B) mixtures of two or more elements that has a specific ratio between components.
C) two or more atoms chemically joined together.
I w (N093
I7. Nam = 0 (fl/mem rh n Meme/17W: M)
(22 r. 524 (charge 15' mm as or sva-fej
C4405, =0 (CWoand; have, OI/em, a): 9M4 6 cfw_a
Na 9.9 in /0990,
Warm! 04075 cm @2909 :0
<(+:)+ 3 + 4(2)=o
+2 + g "' 9 ;. O
9 a MW 00mm: Men W.
Symbolism and Characters Represent a Racist Culture in Toni Morrisons The Bluest Eye
April 27 2015
Thesis Statement: Toni Morrison uses symbolism specifically marigolds, blue eyes, and a Shirley
CHM1045 Review (Chapters 7-9)
1. Determine whether the each transition in the H atom corresponds to absorption or emission:
a. n = 3 to n= 1
b. n = 2 to n = 4
c. n = 4 to n = 3
2. Calculate eth wavelength of each frequency of radiation:
a. 110.2 MHz (mega
CHM1045 Review Questions Chapter 6
1. Find Hrxn for the reaction: N2O(g) + NO2(g) 3 NO(g)
Use these reactions with known Hs
2 NO(g) + O2(g) 2NO2(g)
H = -113.1 kJ
N2(g) + O2(g) 2 NO(g)
H = +182.6 kJ
2 N2O(g) 2 N2(g) + O2(g)
H = -163.2 kJ
2. Which sample is
There are three rules on determining how many significant figures are in a number:
1. Non-zero digits are always significant.
2. Any zeros between two significant digits are significant.
3. A final zero or trailing zeros in the decimal
3. 0305/! Na 0H = 0-305ma75 Na 0H 02 o-gas'mns Na 0/4
IL cfw_0190 ml
03305 rnt: M3014 [Moo Ina/:7 m/Zr 1;? REM?
0'30: mtf NaOH x 294 : OO'768 mt:
fiqhd mcDar mat-SO of Na 0H
End mag: of Na OH *rq'f' com/ah? 0-O766m111
Q mnar mass of N
Grading Rubric for general Chemistry Lab notebook Guidelines:
CHM 1045L and 1046L
Composition notebooks only
Must write full name, section and professor on the cover
All pages must be numbered (from cover to cover)
You are not allowed to tear
germ; 4 H06 7
WOQrC/y /mwmm 27; Ha.-
Jghd 7%2. rm. 0f We: 0770 01(0H)2 beac'cg'.
5 ' " 1% ' . ma?
-C a 75192, miles Q; Vum QF HCQ 7L0 (aim/Ode W "957015?
molarl'tj (111:) mm - Volume. in;
7m? = M XV mm
r. 040me X '74, OR. O'IOng/g x 0.0.
Temperature Vs. Mass
Temperature Vs. 1/Mass