Search through quizlet answers should be there
0 out of 1 points
Which of the following is a not a network category based on the geographic dispersion of
0 out of 1 points
What is device type A and B in the follow
Layer 1 device: does not perform any inspection of the traffic that passes through it. (HUB)
Layer 2 device: makes forwarding decisions based on addresses that are physically burned into a network
interface card (NIC) installed in a host. This burned in a
Assignment 11 Screenshots and Tables.
Parameters for the Windows arp Command
- a or g
Display current entries in the ARP table
(verbose) includes any invalid and loopback interfac
Table 12-2 Remote-Access Security Methods
Microsoft Remote Access Server (RAS) is the predecessor to
Microsoft Routing and Remote Access Server (RRAS). RRAS is a
Microsoft Windows Server feature that allows Microso
Assignment 12 Screenshots and Tables
Table 11-1 Components of an SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c Network-Management
Runs a network management application.
a piece of software that
Table 1-1 Characteristics, Benefits, and Drawbacks of a Bus Topology
One cable is used per
To maintain appropriate
of the cable, the cable
requires a terminator (of a
Assignment 10 Tables and Screenshots
Table 9-1 Three Categories of Quality Issues
The time required for a packet to travel
to its destination from its original source.
The uneven arrival of packages.
Occur when a link
1. Is your browser running HTTP version 1.0 or 1.1? What version of HTTP is
the server running?
Both on HTTP 1.1
2. What languages (if any) does your browser indicate that it can accept to the
3. What is the IP address of your computer
Table 13-1 Steps to Diagnose a Problem
Because a typical problem report lacks sufficient information
to give a troubleshooter insight into a problems underlying
cause, the troubleshooter should collect additional
Chapter 3 Tables and Screenshots
Table 3-1 Network Infrastructure Device Characteristics
1 Per Port
1 Per Port
1 Per Port
1 Per Port
Chapter 10 Review Questions
1. Consider the following output:
C:\> arp -a
Interface: 172.16.202.128 - 0xb
Internet Address Physical Address Type
172.16.202.2 00-50-56-fd-65-2c dynamic
172.16.202.255 ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff static
126.96.36.199 01-00-5e-00-00-16 st
Chapter 1 Review questions
1. Which of the following is a device directly used by an end user to access a network?
2. Which device makes traffic-forwarding decisions based on MAC addresses?
3. A company has various locations in a city
1. Which of the following is most likely the first step in a structured troubleshooting
d. Define the problem.
2. Which of the following comprise a simplified troubleshooting flow? (Choose
a. Problem resolution
c. Problem diagnosis
Chapter 3 Review Questions
1. Which of the following is a VoIP signaling protocol used to set up, maintain,
and tear down VoIP phone calls?
2. Which of the following categories of UTP cabling are commonly used for
1000BASE-T networks? (Choose two.)
Chapter 6 Review Questions
1. If a PC on an Ethernet network attempts to communicate with a host on a different
subnet, what destination IP address and destination MAC address will be
placed in the packet/frame header sent by the PC?
b. Dest. IP: IP addre
Chapter 8 Review questions
1. What type of antenna, commonly used in wireless APs and wireless routers in
SOHO locations, radiates relatively equal power in all directions?
2. When using the 2.4-GHz band for multiple access points in a
Chapter 5 Review Questions
1. What is the binary representation of the decimal number 117?
2. The binary number 10110100 has what decimal equivalent?
3. What is the class of IP address 10.1.2.3/24?
a. Class A
4. Which of the following s
1. Which of the following is a symmetric encryption algorithm available in
128-bit, 192-bit, and 256-bit key versions?
2. In what type of attack does the attacker compromise multiple systems and then
instruct those compromised systems, called zombi
Assignment 2 Screenshots and Tables
File Transfer Protocol: Using a remote
host, it transfers files. It usually
necessitates verification of user
Secure Shell: Connects to a remote
Module 5 Tables and Screenshots
Table 5-1 Binary Conversion Table
Table 5-19 IP Address Classes
Value in First
Which of the following is a VoIP signaling protocol used to set up, maintain, and tear down VoIP phone
Which of the following categories of UTP cabling are commonly used for 1000BASE-T netw
William R. Claycomb, PhD.
Lead Research Scientist
CERT Enterprise Threat and Vulnerability
2007-2012 Carnegie Mellon University
Background: Cloud Computing
Threats to Cloud Security
Wireshark Lab: TCP v7.0
Supplement to Computer Networking: A TopDown Approach, 7th ed., J.F. Kurose and K.W.
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember.
Involve me and I understand. Chinese proverb
2005-2016, J.F Kurose and K.W. Ross, All
Ethical Hacking Assignment 3
Due: Before Next Class, once the next class starts, the assignment is late and will
not be accepted!
1) Packet Analyzer with Wireshark and Tcpdump
Using the Kali system, find your interface (hint: use ifconfig ) should be eth0
Ethical Hacking Assignment 6
Web Hacking (this assignment can be perform from home using your Kali Live USB)
Here you will be using the following tools Nitko, W3af, WebScarp and Zap.
First, let start my performing the following activities with Nitko:
EEL 4789Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Florida International University
Security Problems in the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
Jose De Andrade 5064667
Luis Gonzalez 3635147
September 7, 2016