1. Which of the following is a device directly used by an end user to access a network? Client
2. Which device makes traffic-forwarding decisions based on MAC addresses? Switch
3. A company has variou
Search through quizlet answers should be there
0 out of 1 points
Which of the following is a not a network category based on the geographic dispersion of
0 out of 1 points
What is device type A and B in the follow
Layer 1 device: does not perform any inspection of the traffic that passes through it. (HUB)
Layer 2 device: makes forwarding decisions based on addresses that are physically burned into a network
interface card (NIC) installed in a host. This burned in a
Chapter 10 Review Questions
1. Consider the following output:
C:\> arp -a
Interface: 172.16.202.128 - 0xb
Internet Address Physical Address Type
172.16.202.2 00-50-56-fd-65-2c dynamic
172.16.202.255 ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff static
184.108.40.206 01-00-5e-00-00-16 st
Chapter 1 Review questions
1. Which of the following is a device directly used by an end user to access a network?
2. Which device makes traffic-forwarding decisions based on MAC addresses?
3. A company has various locations in a city
1. Which of the following is most likely the first step in a structured troubleshooting
d. Define the problem.
2. Which of the following comprise a simplified troubleshooting flow? (Choose
a. Problem resolution
c. Problem diagnosis
Chapter 3 Review Questions
1. Which of the following is a VoIP signaling protocol used to set up, maintain,
and tear down VoIP phone calls?
2. Which of the following categories of UTP cabling are commonly used for
1000BASE-T networks? (Choose two.)
Chapter 6 Review Questions
1. If a PC on an Ethernet network attempts to communicate with a host on a different
subnet, what destination IP address and destination MAC address will be
placed in the packet/frame header sent by the PC?
b. Dest. IP: IP addre
Chapter 8 Review questions
1. What type of antenna, commonly used in wireless APs and wireless routers in
SOHO locations, radiates relatively equal power in all directions?
2. When using the 2.4-GHz band for multiple access points in a
Chapter 5 Review Questions
1. What is the binary representation of the decimal number 117?
2. The binary number 10110100 has what decimal equivalent?
3. What is the class of IP address 10.1.2.3/24?
a. Class A
4. Which of the following s
1. Which of the following is a symmetric encryption algorithm available in
128-bit, 192-bit, and 256-bit key versions?
2. In what type of attack does the attacker compromise multiple systems and then
instruct those compromised systems, called zombi
Simulations - Chapter 10
Memorization Tables Chapter 10
Table 10-1 Parameters for the windowing arp command
-a or -g
These options display current ent
Project Tittle: TCP/IP
Group number: 9
Transmission Control Protocol/ Internet protocol is the basic communication
protocol of the internet. Where it
Chapter # 3 Simulations
Memorization Table Chapter # 3
Network Infrastructure Device Characteristics
# of Collision domains
1 per port
1 per port
Describe how one device can send a bit to another device?
There are elements in order for a device to send a bit, first is the transmitter source where an
electronic device needs to send a message to another device; then the second element of
Which elements are required to create a network and why?
In order to create a network there are four basic elements which includes: hardware, software,
client, connection medium. As an example would be L-band antennas which receive signals from
In your opinion, what are the biggest threats to a network in terms of security and why?
I have always believed that end user potentially let much easier for threats to happen,
most common comes ones would be (1) malware which is a malicious software that
Assignment # 1
Simulation Chapter 1
Memorization Tables for Chapter 1
Table 1.1: Characteristics, Benefits, and Drawbacks of a Bus Topology
One cable is used per
Less cable is
Copyright 2010 Daniel Li (http:/x711Li.com/)
wxPong is a port of the classic video game, Pong, on the C+
platform wxWidgets. Created as a project template for the Glenforest Seco