1. Companies have tremendous amounts of information available on competitors, resellers,
and other players in the marketplace, but they must also use that data to gain insight into
_ as Pinterest did successfully in creating a scrapbooking site for shared
1. Integrated Marketing communications is an important element of marketing strategy. Think of Target
and Wal-Mart from a consumer point of view; compare and contrast their integrated marketing
communication programs. Are they different or do they do the
1. Walmart has had a full page advertisement in the Miami Herald headlined "see for yourself Miami, same
items 15% less! It shows 20 items at Publix and compares these items with the prices at Walmart. They are
15% cheaper than Publix. At the bottom of th
Publix Super Market Inc. was founded by George W. Jenkins during The Great Depression time of
1930s in Winter Haven, Florida. Publix core strategies are putting emphasis on customer service, product
quality, shopping environment, comp
1. Apple and Samsung have been in a battle for market share, technology, and market leadership. Both are
strong brands. You have been appointed a brand consultant to one of these companies. You have been
asked to build the brand to set it apart from the o
Lady Gaga Case Study
1. If you were Troy Carter, which of the three touring options would you pursue for
Lady Gaga? Why?
If faced with Troy Carters tough decision of remodeling lady Gagas tour options
after Kanye West pulled out of the original planned Fa
What has made Dell so successful?
Dell has experienced many successes throughout the companys history since it was first founded in 1984.
Simply be performing IBM harddisk, Michael Dell was able to go from nothing to about $6 million from
1983 to 1985, af
1. Subway, Panera Bread and Wholefoods are just some of the "healthy" choices for consumers. Yet
McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, and Five Guys are reportedly doing well, serving food that some
observers regard as somewhat "unhealthy". If you were asked t
How Big Data is changing the entire equation for Business
The Wall Street Journal
1. What is big data? What factors are driving the trend?
According to the article, big data corresponds with the large amount of information
and data that companies have acc
1. Companies like Dell were doing very well until recently. One can add Sony and Blackberry to the list.
Do you think that there is something wrong with these companies new product development process or is it
something else? Could Apple go the same way?