Case 8.1 Paid Leave Absence
The employees lost a benefit when the company decided to take away employees right to use
compensatory time. Employees were used to using compensatory time when they needed sick leave
which allowed them to get paid time and a h
CHAPTER 6 REVIEW ESSAY QUESTIONS
1. Universities are typically organized by departments or colleges such as business,
biology, engineering, political science, and so on. Is this an appropriate
structure? What aspects of the environment support
Chapter 1 Case Study
1. Why has FedEx been so successful in Asia?
FedEx Success is due to a variety of reasons including: first, the company went
into the Asian market and offered its service when it had no competition, gaining a great
advantage at conque
CHAPTER 6 - CASE STUDY ESSAY
Restructuring the Organizational Restructure at Kimberly-Clark
1. Are the companys changes to reshape its identity as a consumer product health care and
hygiene company and its cost reduction efforts likely to impro
CHAPTER 8 - CASE STUDY ESSAY
The New Supervisor
1. Which traits, skills, and behaviors associated with successful leaders does Grace
possess? Are there characteristics she could enhance to improve her leadership
Grace has a lot of the
CHAPTER 7 - CASE STUDY ESSAY
Alliant Energy Puts Spark into Diversity
2. Do you believe the company is forcing the issue of diversity? Is it necessary to make diversity
training mandatory for all employees? Explain your answer.
I believe the co
CHAPTER 11 REVIEW ESSAY QUESTIONS
1. Despite the considerable emphasis that most companies and other types of
organizations put on communication, why do you think that many employees feel
there is inadequate communication with and from their ma
CHAPTER 10 REVIEW ESSAY QUESTIONS
1. As a manager, would you rather work with highly diversified teams or with more
homogeneous teams? Why? Which types would be best for which types of
As a manager I would rather work with highly di
CHAPTER 12 - CASE STUDY ESSAY
To Close or Not?
2. Do you agree that the decision to remain open or close should have been made
by Frohman rather than executives at Intels corporate headquarters?
The decision to open or close Intel Israel should have been
CHAPTER 11 Case Study Essay
Bridging the Generational Communications Gap
1. What kinds of barriers to communication can you find in each scenario?
In the first scenario Mark had a generational culture, he would multi-task and have
CHAPTER 12 REVIEW ESSAY QUESTIONS
2. Think of someone you know personally who is an effective decision maker. What
key characteristics would you use to describe this person?
A decision maker tends to analyze all the positive and negative circum
CHAPTER 15 - CASE STUDY ESSAY
Leading Change at LSP
1. At the three different stages of change, what are the likely sources of resistance?
Inertia-comfortable with their present ways of doing things
Mistrust-lack of trust of those communicatin
CHAPTER 14 Case Study Essay
Disaster in the Gulf of Mexico
2. What is the most important control issue in this case?
The most important control issue in this case was the fact that there wasnt a clear distinction of who
was in charge of all thi
CHAPTER 13 - CASE STUDY ESSAY
1. Categorize the quality problems in this case.
Quality is defined as the reliability, durability, serviceability and dependability of products and
services and also as fitness for use. Steve Jacks
CHAPTER 13 REVIEW ESSAY QUESTIONS
1. What is Operations Management and why is it strategically important to firms
regardless of their focus on or mix of products?
Operations is that part of a business organization that is responsible for producing goods o
REVIEW ESSAY QUESTIONS
1. As you think about your own personal history, how difficult has it been for you to
make behavioral changes? If you were being interviewed for a job and were
asked to describe an incident that demonstrates your ability
CHAPTER 14 REVIEW ESSAY QUESTIONS
3. In general, do you think that people respond to control systems or that control
systems respond to people? In other words, will people generally conform to the
tightness or looseness of a control system, or
MGMT 510 TQM All Quiz
What does the transcendent view imply for high quality?
It is something everlasting
something timeless and enduring
It is something priceless
It is something perfect
During which century, the manufacturers began to
Process and Quality Management Final Review
Chapters: 7, 8, 9, 10.
quality function deployment?
Review the House of Quality
House of Quality
House of Quality?
sequence of activities or the flow of materials and information in a process.
Process Quality Management
Midterm Review CH: 1 6
Study the author of Quality is Free
Study U.S. manufacturing in the time period immediately following World War II?
Review the core principles o