In terms of terrorism, describe some of the key differences between the
organizational/agency/academic definitions discussed in class/book.
United Nations: Intimidate a population or compel a government or an international
organization to do or to absta
As Spanish authorities opened the door to democracy and national expression the ETA
changed into what we know now. The ETA is more of a social movement and the hard-core
militants were left to preach violence. ETA became even more entrenched in the workin
1. What term/concept represents the portion of crime that is not brought to the attention of the police?
2. Which one of the following is an index crime?
a. Illegal Gambling
d. Tax Evasion
e. None of the Above
1. When developing a measure, which comes first, conceptualization or operationalization?
2. True or False: When every attribute for a variable is exclusive of every other attribute for the variable, we can say
we have satisfied
I believe that stenography is a true threat to the United States because stenography by
definition is embedding a hidden encoded message on an Internet site. According to White, J. R.
(2015) Stenography is frequently said to be one of the Internets greate
Money is laundered in three steps. The first step is placement; placement involves putting
criminal proceeds in the legitimate financial systems. The next step is called layering; layering is
concealing the source of illegal income in confusing, sometimes
Bumper v. North Carolina
Facts: The petitioner lived with his grandmother a 66-year-old black widow, in a house located
in a rural area at the end of an isolated mile-long dirt road. Two days after the offense, four white
officers went to the house and to
Review Exam 2
Space and Environment
Chapter 14: The Universe
1. Understand early human ideas about the solar system, the current lay out and how we got to
the current understand of planetary organization: heliocentric, geocentric, retrograde motion
Define the following:
a. Ecology The study of the dynamics and processes through which plants and animals interact
with the environment.
b. Natural areas (be able to give examples) Cities contain identifiable clusters, groups has taken o
The original ETA were formed by young, frustrated nationalists who wanted regional
autonomy. The original members reflected the composition of the local population, expect that
most of the members were male and was primarily a working class movement. The
Chapter 2 Study Guide
1. _s work On Crimes and Punishment is the classic Enlightenment study of criminology. (p.
D. Douglas Bodero
2. _ criminology focuses on the common actions of lawbreakers.
Chapter 3 Study Guide
To finance its operations, the IRA developed an organized crime network known as a:
a. mafia discovery
b. laundering discovery
c. Capone discovery
d. Dillinger discovery
Putting criminal proceeds in the legitimate financial sys
1.) Cyberterrorism : refers to the use of computers to attack technological targets or physical attacks
on computer networks.
- What is their common tactic? Defacement of websites hacking of websites
- The national conference of stat
DSC4012: TERRORISM and HOMELAND SECURITY
FINAL EXAM STUDY GUIDE
Weapons of Terrorism
1. What is suicide terrorism and who drives it?
The intentional killing of oneself for the killing of others driven by a political or ideological goal.
Today it is drive